About the program/Scholarship:
Film Free Way invites filmmakers from all over the world to participate in the International Filmmaking Festival that celebrates the snowsports community. The Backcountry Film Festival is produced each year by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community.
WWA is a nonprofit organization working at the national level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes.
Funds raised at each Festival screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education, and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
- Submission is free.
- Your film is between 3 to 20 minutes and tells an authentic story of the backcountry, human-powered recreation, or environmental preservation.
- It is preferred that 16:9 aspect ratio at HDTV 1920×1080 square pixels.
- Submitted films should either be in English or include English subtitles.
About Film Free Way:
Film FreeWay is the world’s number one way to discover and submit to film festivals and creative contests. It is the only submission platform that is 100% free for submitters.
Upon submitting to the Winter Wildlands Alliance’s Backcountry Film Festival (BCFF) the filmmaker(s) grant permission for the following:
- BCFF is permitted to screen accepted films at the festival premiere in Boise, ID, and any showings that are part of our National Tour.
- BCFF is granted the royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to exhibit any and all films, publicity materials related to the film – including but not limited to stills, press releases, bios, and trailers – in whole or in part, without limitation to territory, and /or to include said publicity materials with other works in any form, media, or technology. Filmmakers may request in writing to opt-out of this clause.
- The filmmaker(s) warrants and represents to BCFF that he/she alone created the work, possesses unencumbered title thereto, and has the right to enter into this Agreement with BCFF. The filmmaker(s) further warrants and represents that the work is original and does not infringe upon the title, literary or musical property, or copyright of any other work or statutory, common law, or other rights (including rights of privacy) of any person, firm or corporation. BCFF is not responsible for any infringement of such rights.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker(s) to obtain rights and permission for use of music, film footage, and all other creative work related to their films prior to entering the Winter Wildlands Alliance’s Backcountry Film Festival.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
To participate in this festival, please click “Apply for Opportunity” below, register, and submit your film.
If you have any questions, please email them to [email protected]
The deadline will be on 1 September 2022.