About the program/Scholarship:
Brac University, Bangladesh offers full and partial scholarships/Financial Aid to all undergraduate and postgraduate exceptional international students with excellent academic achievement who meet the eligibility criteria.
BRAC Scholarship (A Needs-Based Scholarship)
100% tuition and other fees (semester fees, lab fees, library, etc.) waiver with food and accommodation is awarded to economically disadvantaged but meritorious students.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.25 on a scale of 4 is required to be maintained in all the semesters.
- If a student fails to achieve the required CGPA, s/he will be entitled to a tuition fee waiver for the next two consecutive semesters during which s/he will have to regain the required CGPA, otherwise, the scholarship will be discontinued.
About Brac University:
Brac University is a private research university in Bangladesh. According to the QS Asia Rankings, The university was ranked as the #1 Private University in Bangladesh for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019.
Merit Scholarship Based on BracU Academic Results
The awarded scholarship will be applicable for the current semester.
To maintain scholarship in subsequent semesters, students will have to score the following CGPA:
- 3.70-3.84: 10% tuition waiver.
- 3.85-3.89: 25% tuition waiver.
- 3.90-3.94: 50% tuition waiver.
- 3.95-3.99: 75% tuition waiver.
- 4.00: 100% tuition waiver.
- In the first semester, students may take two non-credit courses plus one credit English/Math course (optional) and the Pharmacy students will have to take 15 credit hours plus a non-credit English/Math course.
- The scholarship students are required to take at least 12 credit hours and the Pharmacy students are required to take at least 18 credit hours after the first semester.
- The tuition fee waiver is not awarded on retake/repeat subject(s). The student is required to pay for the retake/repeat subject(s).
- If students fail (F) in any subject(s) in a semester, s/he will not be considered for the tuition fee waiver for two subsequent semesters. However, s/he will be allowed to apply in the third semester with the required CGPA.
- Students having an “I” grade in a semester will be considered for Scholarship/Financial Aid in their current semester but have to pay for all the courses. If s/he obtains the required CGPA after “make-up” or grade submission, his/her waiver will be reimbursed /adjusted in the next semester.
- Students, suspended/penalized for disciplinary reasons, will not be eligible for scholarship/financial aid for the remaining academic period at Brac University (starting from the date such decision is made).
- If a student is eligible for more than one category of Scholarship/Financial Aid, only the higher one will be applicable.
- The waiver is not applicable in case of Admission Fee, IT Facility Use Fee, PHR Lab Fee, Studio Lab Fee, CSE Lab Fee, Residential Fee, Library Fee, Library Membership Fee, and Student Activity Fee.
- Scholarship/Financial Aid will not be provided for the non-credit courses.
- The waiver is awarded to the number of credit hours assigned for completion of graduation for each program. The waiver is not awarded for additional credit hours taken by a student.
- All categories of tuition fee waiver will depend on the availability of funds.
- The university authority reserves the right to accept or reject the application without prior notice.
- The Scholarship/Financial Aid Policy is subject to change at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
Nationality: United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Age: 13 – 50
How to Apply:
To be eligible for this scholarship/ financial aid, you should first apply for admissions at an undergraduate or postgraduate program at Brac University, then you can apply for this scholarship through this link.