About the program/Scholarship:
University of Cambridge offers a number of funded scholarships for postgraduates. Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students. Its mission is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
You will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence.
- Reasons for choice of course and ability to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A capacity for leadership.
About the University of Cambridge:
The University of Cambridge is a collegiate public research university in Cambridge, England. Founded in 1209, Cambridge is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s fourth-oldest surviving university. The mission of the University of Cambridge is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
- Covering the full cost of studying at Cambridge:
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate)- for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- It also provides additional, discretionary funding:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children.
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (full-time or part-time).
- MLitt (full-time).
- One year postgraduate course (full-time).
- If you are currently studying at Cambridge and wish to apply for a new postgraduate course.
- Current Gates Cambridge Scholars may also apply for a second scholarship if they are applying for a new degree.
- Courses which Gates Cambridge does NOT consider:
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA or BA affiliated.
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MASt courses
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees other than the PhD
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship please press “APPLY NOW”, in the website, create your account, and follow the following steps:
- Select the course.
- Start your application which will need:
- Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
- Academic Background.
- Skills/ Activities.
- Answer some questions.
- Gates Cambridge statement (Approximately 500 words).
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only).
- Two academic references for admission, and one for the scholarship.