About the program/Scholarship:
Stanford Biodesign is pleased to open the application for the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship. It is a full-time, two-year, paid program, awarded to 2-4 top candidates, beginning in August and running through July of the second year. This fellowship has been designed to develop the next generation of health policy leaders capable of leveraging transformative new technologies to materially impact patient outcomes while democratizing access to care. You will be able to fully experience both worlds of innovation and policy-making.
The two-year program allows fellows to:
- First, conduct cutting-edge policy research while immersing themselves in the process of health technology innovation.
- Second, participate in the policy-making process and help bridge the divide between health technology innovators and policymakers through the second internship year spent in Washington, DC, or another policy hub.
About Stanford Biodesign:
Stanford Biodesign is proud of what it has accomplished since its inception, founded Stanford Biodesign to create an ecosystem of training and support for Stanford University students, fellows, and faculty with the talent and ambition to become health technology innovators. Its goal was to provide the knowledge, skills, mentoring, and networking required to deliver meaningful and valuable innovations to patients everywhere.
- If you get this fellowship, you will have:
- A monthly stipend.
- Health benefits during your fellowship period.
- As one of the fellowship alumni, you will be equipped to pursue a wide variety of careers that include policy-related positions in academia, federal or state legislative or etc.
You should follow the following criteria:
- Applicants with diverse backgrounds from health systems, quality and regulatory environments, health technology start-ups or corporations, or government.
- An advanced degree (MS, MPH, JD, MD, RN, or PhD).
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (or post-graduate study) is preferred.
- Applicants who are motivated to make an impact in health technology policy, regardless of the stage of their career.
- You should have:
- exceptional leadership ability, and initiative.
- strong written and verbal communication skills who are enterprising, and persuasive.
- Previous research and publishing experience are recommended but not required.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Skills: leadership skills, − Excellent verbal and written communication skills ,
- No specific age required
How to Apply:
To apply for this fellowship, please visit “https://biodesign.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/66560”, create your account, and fill out your application which will need:
- Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
- Personal and Professional experiences.
- Skills and Values.
- Answer some questions.
- Upload the attachments:
- English Proficiency.
- In a two-minute video about you.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Deadline: September 22, 2022.
- Interviews will be held: On October 27, 2022.
- Recruiting for the program: 2023-25.