About the program/Scholarship:
Leiden University offers a number of scholarships for excellent students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree program – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
About Leiden University:
Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities. It has seven faculties in the arts, humanities and sciences, spread over locations in the Netherlands. The University has over 6,700 staff members and 29,520 students. It has always stood for freedom of spirit, thought and speech as well as freedom in research and teaching. It also wants to create an environment in which academics and students have the opportunity to excel.
If you get this scholarship, you will have:
- The LExS award for the duration of the study program.
- There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee.
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee.
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
You must follow the following criteria:
- Applicants for all Master’s programs at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
- Non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s program at Leiden University.
- Students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies program, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- You must have achieved excellent academic results in your previous study program (s), which must be relevant to the Master’s program for which you are applying.
- You must have a non-EEA/non-EFTA passport.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree, with the exception of students applying for a Master’s program for which a specified previous Master’s program or work experience is mandatory (e.g. LLM Advanced Studies programs).
- For Master’s programs at the Faculty of Science, scholarships are only awarded for programs starting on 1 September.
- It is not possible to combine the LExS with another scholarship financed by Leiden University.
- A LExS granted for the academic year as specified in the decision letter cannot be transferred to another academic year or to the next intake within the same academic year.
- For a program lasting more than one year, the student is required to obtain a minimum of 60 ECTS in the first year of study in order to retain the right to LExS for the following academic year.
No specific nationality required
- No specific age required
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, please press “Apply online for admission” in the official website, select the program, register, and fill out your application which needs:
- Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
- Activities/ Skills.
- Upload your:
- A copy of a valid passport or ID card.
- A copy of a Dutch residence permit (if applicable).
- Language proficiency (if applicable).
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts.
- Letter of motivation.
- Other program-specific documents.