About the program/Scholarship:
Bridge Innovate is offering the opportunity to participate in the 2022 Invention Challenge for students who are interested in sustainability, as the question of the contest will be, ““How might we make the world a better and more sustainable place for everyone, including people in the future?”. Students are encouraged to explore sustainability, identify a real need, design an inventive solution, and present it in a 90-second pitch video. Students use the design thinking process to identify a real-world problem, empathize, ideate, and prototype a physical invention.
- Idea – Identifies a real-world problem/challenge.
- Originality – Idea is original, novel, creative and/or inspiring.
- Ideation Process – Demonstrates inventions function and application.
- Prototype – In alignment with ideation and considers cost and material needs.
- Experiment – Demonstrates multiple testing of prototype.
About Bridge Innovate:
Bridge Innovate has business consulting expertise, paired with a deep knowledge of design thinking, leadership, and organizational change. Management consulting services include strategy design, inspiration & foresight, human-centered design, and leadership development. Dedicated to igniting creative leadership for growth and good, the company customizes services to meet needs, from architecting and facilitating design sprints to certifying your team to teach and lead design thinking and change management efforts.
- Participants: 4th-12th grade students
- You must register to participate. Team up with others or participate as an individual. The registration deadline is September 28, 2022.
- Design a product, service or technology that enables and promotes sustainability.
- To showcase the invention prototype, generate a 90-second pitch video introducing what you’ve designed.
- Submit your video. Videos will be used for public voting to determine the finalists. A judging panel will select the winners from the finalist group.
- Attend virtual award ceremony on November 17, 2022
No specific nationality required
- 12 – 18
How to Apply:
Register on the website to send your personal information and the video that you would like to participate with.