About the program/Scholarship:
The Nation Builders Program is now open for applications for fifty students to participate in the Emerging Leaders Institute in the cities of Luxor, Cairo and Alexandria in Egypt. Those students who are selected will have the opportunity to participate in a three-day conference where they will learn leadership, design thinking, and project management skills. They will then be challenged to work with American students to develop a technology that will help Egypt and the world achieve their 2030 Vision for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Students will work in teams of five to develop a prototype, which they will present to the officials from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and the Ministry of Youth and Sports. One team will be chosen to travel to Washington D.C. in the United States to present their idea to world leaders.
About Melbourne University:
The Nation Builders Program Emerging Leaders Institute prepares emerging high school leaders to influence their peers, their government, and their economy as agents of change. Each year, we select fifty exceptional students from high schools across Egypt to attend our three-day leadership conference, where they are trained in leadership, design thinking, project management, and emerging technologies. We then challenge them to develop a technology or program that will help Egypt and the world achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The students who design the most impact prototype of their idea will travel to Washington D.C. in the United States to present their prototypes to international leaders.
- Those who participate will learn advanced leadership, human-centered design, and project management skills.
- They will learn to collaborate with their peers from abroad and with government, business, and social leaders.
- They will also have a chance to travel to America and engage world leaders.
- Eligible applicants must be in high school and be able to attend a three-day training conference in Luxor, Cairo, or Alexandria in September or October.
Skills: team player, leadership skills, service
Age: 15 – 18
How to Apply:
Fill out the application form which includes:
- Personal information.
- Why you’re interested in the program.
- What unique quality you have that makes you an emerging leader.
- Three situations in which you have demonstrated leadership through the unique quality you have.
- Describe a seemingly overwhelming challenge you faced and how you overcame that challenge.
- Your weaknesses as a leader.
- Describe the types of people and communities you have influenced.
- The name and email of one of your peers as a reference.
- The name and email of an adult, who is not a member of your family, as a reference.
Please note: Students can apply for the program online until August 25th, 2022. A group of students will be selected for an interview between August 25th and September 5th. The selected participants will be contacted by September 15th.