About the program/Scholarship:
Non Architecture is inviting your to take part in Infinite Labyrinth design competition. As in 2020 we started the second phase of competitions to address the issues of tomorrow. In line with our style we propose 9+2 themes – eleven critical topics to work on. Rather than a program, a research ecosystem composed of various competitions running in parallel and exploring the same theme from different perspectives. Our exploration journey will continue with theme five: VIRTUAL.
Participants are asked to design a labyrinth in floorplan – with a specific size and entrance points. All the remaining aspects of the maze are completely open to interpretation. Once combined and published on our Instagram feed, all the floorplans submitted will compose an endless sequence of labyrinthic rooms, infinite, just like the social media scrolling experience.
- Gain experience and recognition, request a participation certificate, and post it on your Linkedin or CV!
- Design a new puzzle piece to be added to your Portfolio or Behance page, keep developing your assets!
- Give space to your creativity by solving a given challenge, it is satisfying!
- Get to know better your team or your own design-thinking skills, it is fun!
About Non Architecture:
We imagined a counterpart, a “Non architecture”. A world of unexplored designs and countless possibilities, that if found, could enlarge and change permanently the boundaries of Architecture. A universe of chances and opportunities never challenged by architects before.
Non Architecture Competitions will award two winners, one selected by each jury, and a total of 6 honourable mentions.
- WINNER (1 Prizes) 1.000 euros. Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book and website. Reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
- HONORABLE MENTIONS (6 Prizes) Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book and website. Reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
- EDITORIAL PICK (Up to 6 Prizes) Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book and website.
- FINALISTS (Up to 36 Prizes) Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions Journal.
- NONAVERSE WINNER (1 PRIZE – ONLY FOR NON ARCHITECTS PRO) One year subscription for free (in addition to the existing one)
- SPECIAL PRIZE The organization might establish additional special prizes and awards during the competition development and in the evaluation phase.
- Note: The appearence on the involved architectural platforms are subject to the agenda and availability of the external platforms.
- Non Architecture Competitions are open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups (with no limit on number) or individually. Personal information of all the team members can be uploaded during the submission procedure of the final drawing.
- THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN A TEAM IS 4 PEOPLE.
- Entry fee: €40 Entry ticket for one competition allowing Access to the NONAVERSE on Discord.
- Non Architecture Pro: €89.99/y you get 12+ competitions per year. Access to the NONAVERSE PRO on Discord. Exclusive contests every month. Dedicated prizes in Non Architecture Competitions. Free eBooks.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
- Refer to competition brief here to get more info on how to apply and required materials.