About the program/Scholarship:
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is offering fully-funded scholarships for professionals to apply for the Orange Knowledge Program in the Netherlands, which are available in two categories:
- Short courses (duration 2 weeks to 12 months).
- Master’s programmes (duration 12 to 24 months).
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Security and rule of law.
- Food and nutrition security.
- Water management.
- There are focus areas for each country. Please note that these focus areas, as well as the list of countries is subject to change. Only applications that fall within the focus area of your country of employment are eligible.
About The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the channel through which the Dutch Government communicates with foreign governments and international organizations. It coordinates and carries out Dutch foreign policy.
- A contribution towards the costs of the course or programme.
- Arranging health insurance for the scholarship holders.
- Arranging housing for the scholarship holders.
- Applying for visas and residence permits for scholarship holders.
- Arranging scholarship holders’ flights.
- Applicants must have a valid motivation to apply for this scholarship.
- Living and working in an OKP country.
- Proficient in English or French.
- Working in one of the priority areas for their country.
- Can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after their studies.
- You need an employer statement that is signed by you and your employer. It shows that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to your country.
- If you are a civil servant, it might be necessary to sign a government statement. This certifies the support of your government for your OKP application.
- As this scholarship is for working professionals, applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
Nationality: Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan, Tunisia, Yemen
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
- Find a course on the OKP course list.
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship.
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the link to apply online.
- Prepare your application: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required).
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution. Please be aware of the application deadline of the educational institution of your choice.