About the program/Scholarship:
Meta is pleased to open the application for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship program which is designed to support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative research related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university. The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. As well as it encourages people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups.
Meta gives people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Itsproducts empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference. As well as, the metaverse provides new ways to connect and share experiences and do more together through its technologies and immersive experiences.
If you get this fellowship, you will have:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters).
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs.
- Various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
- An invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
You are eligible to apply for the program as long as you are:
- Applications are open to all full-time PhD students currently involved in ongoing research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023).
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta.
- The program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
- You would not be eligible if you are:
- Graduating before the fall following each application cycle.
- Planning on working at another competitor company part-time while participating in the Fellowship.
- A contingent worker at Meta.
- Planning on doing a part-time internship with a competitor during the academic year (fall/spring).
Your application will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The strength of your research statement.
- Publication record.
- Recommendation letters.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Skills: Computer and Information Sciences, Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- No specific age required
How to Apply:
How to Apply
To apply for this fellowship, please press “Apply”, in the official website, sign up, and fill in your application which will need:
- Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
- University Data.
- Research Focus Area.
- Answer some Questions.
- Upload your:
- CV or resume.
- Research statement (500 words max.).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Any supporting documents.
For more questions please email [email protected]
- Applications Open: August 3, 2022.
- Applications Close: September 20, 2022.
- Letters of Recommendation Due: October 6, 2022.
- Winners Announced: Mid-January 2023.