About the program/Scholarship:
European Commission offers a funded fellowship opportunity for researchers in the fields of Computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and Technology. It provides one ESR PhD position in Artificial Intelligence. This PhD thesis will explore an interactive distributed model in which recommenders become active software agents that accompany the recommendations with arguments and its duration will be from the starting date till 30 September 2023, including 2 secondments at other consortium members’ premises.
You will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic background (up to 40 points).
- Knowledge and specific achievements (up to 35 points).
- Personal interview, only for candidates achieving a minimum of 55 points.
About European Commission:
The European Commission (EC) is the ‘engine room’ of the EU. It is one of 3 main EU institutions; the other two are the European Parliament (EP) and the Council (of the European Union). The European Commission (EC) is the executive branch of the European Union, responsible for proposing legislation, implementing decisions, upholding the EU treaties and managing the day-to-day business of the EU.
- If you get this fellowship, you will have:
- Gross salary of 37,434 €/Year, if the researcher has no family.
- Or 40,434 €/Year if the researcher is married or has dependent children.
- Providing access to:
- the Spanish public health care system.
- pension and unemployment benefits.
Please note: Possibility of extending the contract until the end of the PhD, subject to the availability of funding and to the fulfillment of objectives and quality of the results obtained by the PhD fellow.
- You must have:
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar), Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or equivalent providing access to a PhD program.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence and Python.
- Excellent command of English, together with good academic writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong motivation to pursue a PhD degree.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary scientific work.
- At the time of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to recruitment date.
- When starting their contract (expected in November 2022), selected researchers should be within the first four years of his/her research careers and not have been awarded a doctoral degree prior to the application.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
- Personal Information.
- Contact Information.
- Upload the following documents in English:
- Detailed CV in Europass format.
- Scans of BSc and/or MSc transcripts.
- A motivation letter.
- Contact details or recommendation letters of two referees.
- Scanned copy of valid identification document.
- Proof of excellent command of English.
- Any other supportive documents.