About the program/Scholarship:
Maharishi International University in the United States is offering the Computer Science Professionals Program, which is a study program and a paid internship for postgraduate students from all over the world.
About Maharishi International University:
Maharishi International University (MIU), formerly Maharishi University of Management, is a private university in Fairfield, Iowa. It was founded in 1973 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and features a “consciousness-based education” system that includes the practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique.
- The program will initially provide food and accommodation, and the internship will be paid. You are responsible for your travel and visa costs.
- You must possess a 3-4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject from an accredited college or university with a GPA minimum of 3.0 out of 4.
- With a grade point average below 3.0 your application will be considered if there is strong professional work experience as a software developer, or you have graduated from a top level university (as ranked on the world scale).
- 4-year degree graduates are required to have a minimum of 6 months IT work experience.
- 3-year degree graduates are required to have a minimum of 2-3 years IT work experience.
- Note: Final year or graduating students with a high GPA and no work experience may apply.
- You need to be familiar with one of these languages: C, C#, C++ or Java 8 or 9.
- You need to be able to read, speak and understand English well. Neither TOEFL nor IELTS are required. We do phone or Skype interviews to assess your English skills.
- Although not required for most countries, we strongly encourage you to take the GRE general test. A high GRE score may decrease the initial amount international students are asked to pay upon enrollment. Also, taking the GRE increases the likelihood of internationals obtaining a student visa for the program.
- GRE is required from all applicants from India and Iran, unless you have 2 years or more of paid professional programming work experience, and your GPA is above 3.0 (B average).
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- 13 – 50
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, please complete the application form, by taking a programming exam first, then send the following items (do not send the items until you are asked to):
- Official transcripts and degrees
- Course description
- Professional programming experience form
- Personal information form
- Test scores and IT certificates
- Copy of passport
- Recommendation letter
- Application fee of $50 (not to be paid until final acceptance is given)