About the program/Scholarship:
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, launched the “One Million Arab Coders” initiative; an educational platform that offers free exceptional programs for individuals interested to develop their digital skills.
Being the largest of its kind in the Arab world, the initiative aims to empower one million young Arabs with the essential future skills required for the labor market by learning the language of the future; Coding. Their goal is to graduate a generation of digital experts, equipping them with all the tools required to understand and lead the future through digital transformation.
About Dubai Future Foundation
‘Dubai Future Foundation’ was launched to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Dubai along aside the launch of Dubai Future Agenda as a roadmap for the Foundation to shape the future of the strategic sectors in the medium and long term in cooperation with government and private sector entities.
- Get free high-quality online courses and certifications
- Join a helpful community of students & teachers, exchange knowledge and hone
- Nano-degree scholarships for the top 1000 students
- Internships, jobs opportunities, startup support programs for top students.
- Rewards for the Top Four Tutors voted by students
- Prizes for students for the 1st Winner, and $50,000 each for the follow-up or leading 10 winners
- The initiative does not require prior experience in programming. The first phase training is for beginners
- Any person of Arab or Arab origin living in any country in the world can apply to participate as a student or as a coach.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You have to use a computer to implement what you will study in the program.
- You must have an Internet watch videos and participate in the discussion.
- If you would like to join the Android program you will need to run “Android Studio” through the following link.
- The goal of “One Million Arab Coders” is to teach 1 million of Arabic speakers the language of the future, in addition to consolidating the idea of giving knowledge and preparing thousands to the labor market by providing them with jobs and providing specialized scientific training to help them. To be highly efficient with all the requirements of the digital economy.
- The initiative seeks to stand up to the widespread unemployment in the Arab world by opening hundreds of thousands of job opportunities for young people, training them, enhancing their knowledge and enabling them to use their skills and guide them to serve the future needs.
Stages of the Initiative:
The “One Million Arab Coders” initiative consists of three phases implemented over two years:
- The first stage is the enrollment and selection process between the Arab trainees or the Tutors by registering on the platform and filling the data at www.arabcoders.ae.
- The second stage involves the “Coders’ Challenge”. At this stage, the best 1000 students are selected to qualify for a certificate and participate in an advanced course in the field of programming.
- In the third stage, the top 10 students will be selected. The first winner will receive the grand prize of $ 1 million; the other nine students will receive a reward of $ 50,000; Tutors will have to register on the platform as a programming language trainer and download the educational materials on their Special page.
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- More than 13 year
How to Apply:
To participate in this initiative, create an account on the official website and fill out the application form