About the program/Scholarship:
Goethe Institut is offering travel grants for artists from abroad to perform in Germany. This funding is for music projects of ensembles from developing and transition countries that cannot afford the cost of international travel owing to their economic situation.
- Completed application form.
- Detailed project description.
- Recent audio recording (link).
- Brief history of the foreign ensemble.
- Detailed timetable and schedule.
- Invitation extended by the applicant to the foreign ensemble.
- Two quotes either from two independent tour operators or from an online price comparison portal.
- Numbered list of participants, indicating each participant’s role, date of birth and place of residence.
About Goethe Institute:-
Goethe Institute is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. It promotes the study of German abroad and encourages international cultural exchange. Goethe Institute fosters knowledge about Germany by providing information on German culture, society and politics. This includes the exchange of films, music, theatre, and literature. Goethe cultural societies, reading rooms, and exam and language centers have played a role in the cultural and educational policies of Germany for more than 60 years.
- The grant takes the form of a travel grant for professional ensembles and artists as well as for amateur and youth ensembles.
- The applicant ensemble must demonstrate a high level of musicianship.
- Cultural significance of the project.
- Artistic exchange must be central to the project.
- Coherent programme and schedule.
- The following are not eligible for funding:
- Music projects mainly for fundraising purposes.
- Brief/weekend trips as well as travel mainly for touristic purposes.
- Folklore events.
- Projects aimed at spreading partisan, religious or ideological views.
- Projects already initiated, i.e. for which travel arrangements (e.g. flights) have already been booked.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: 13 – 50
How to Apply:
- To apply for this grant, please fill out the application form and upload the required documents mentioned above.
- Applications for funding for music projects in Germany must be submitted at least six months before the planned start of the project.