The King Hussein Cancer Foundation in Jordan offers volunteer opportunities in the “Sewar Volunteer” program, a volunteer program that gives individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and effort to support the fight against cancer. The name of the program stands for the bracelet, which unites individuals within one coherent ring to support the noble foundation’s mission.
Duties & responsibilities
- Volunteers contribute to the completion of many tasks that support the success of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation. They have an important role in the various campaigns and activities that are held with the aim of raising awareness or directly supporting patients. Some of these tasks include:
- Activities within the center related to patients such as pushing wheelchairs, guiding visitors to the locations of clinics, pharmacies, laboratory and other directions.
- Support activities such as summer camp.
- Participate in sick children’s playroom activities to entertain and care for children.
- Various office tasks at King Hussein Cancer Foundation to prepare for various campaigns and activities.
- External activities aimed at awareness and fundraising such as participating in lectures, sessions and training courses.
- Other activities.
About King Hussein Cancer Center:
The King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC) is one of the best comprehensive cancer centers in the Middle East which treats both adult and pediatric patients. KHCC is named after our late beloved King Hussein who fought cancer in the same manner as he lived his life; with great faith, courage and dignity.
- To volunteer in general, the age of the applicant must be between 15 and 65 years.
- Criteria for volunteering work related to patients in the center:
- The volunteer must be at least 18 years old, except for summer camp activities.
- Conducting a medical examination confirming the health safety of the volunteer.
- Complete a minimum of 26 volunteer hours.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: 15 – 60
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the online volunteer application form:
The application form (Arabic).
The application form (English).
Join the initiative’s Facebook page as: KHCF Siwar Volunteering Group
Participation in a one-day orientation program, to learn about the policies of the King Hussein Cancer Center and important information related to the work of volunteers. (The program team communicates with everyone who fills out the application to inform them of the times of the orientation program).
Communicate with the King Hussein Cancer Foundation team to coordinate volunteer times and required tasks.