The Alzheimer’s Association is offering a volunteer opportunity as Faith Outreach Representatives, that are community engagers that raise awareness of Alzheimer’s Association programs, provide basic disease information, and link consumers to Alzheimer’s Association services. Faith Outreach Representatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at a target of 12 faith events per year and distribute Alzheimer’s literature at events or appearances in your faith community.
- Offer 20-minute Introduction to Alzheimer’s presentations within your faith community or neighboring faith communities, congregations and denominations.
- Promote support groups, education programs, Alzheimer & Brain Awareness Month, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, or The Longest Day using your local connections, bulletin boards, social media and physical displays in your community.
- Connect the Alzheimer’s Association to new community organizations and connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities.
About The Alzheimer’s Association:
The Alzheimer’s Association leads the way to end Alzheimer’s and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias while serving your local community.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementias.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff, and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
- The Alzheimer’s Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts. Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer’s Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
The Association is seeking volunteer candidates with:
- Self-motivated individual that is comfortable reaching out to individuals, organizations and families in need and connecting them to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfort with computers and email.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 18 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Appearing at a target of 12 events annually.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: 18 – 60
How to Apply:
Hit Apply Here button on opportunity page, and create an account to be able to fill the application.