The Community Development Authority is offering a volunteer opportunity to provide psychological and social care for Dubai prisons.
- The number of volunteers required for the training is 10.
- The number of hours required for the training is 5 hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Providing social and psychological awareness lectures for inmates of penal and correctional institutions.
About the Community Development Authority:
The Community Development Authority is a leading social sector that drives sustainable development. The Community Development Authority’s mission is to invest the available resources in building effective partnerships with the private and non-profit sectors to develop social services in alignment with the Dubai Government’s goals of attaining sustainable development and a cohesive happy society that enhances the National identity and strengthens empowerment and community engagement.
The volunteer agreement ends in any of the following cases:
- The end of the volunteer work or the expiration of the term of the volunteer agreement.
- One of the parties to the volunteering agreement notifies the other party of its desire to terminate the volunteering agreement while it is still running, provided that such notification is written and takes place within a reasonable period before the end of the period specified in the volunteering agreement.
- A breach by one of the parties to the agreement of its obligations stipulated in the volunteering agreement.
- The volunteer’s death or illness that prevents him from performing the volunteer work.
- Sentencing the volunteer with a penalty restricting freedom by virtue of a final court ruling.
The volunteer shall be exempted from civil and criminal liability just like the employee of the volunteering entity, provided that all necessary controls and conditions are met for exemption from liability, and in particular the following:
- To be registered with the Community Development Authority.
- The volunteer agreement concluded between the volunteer and the volunteer entity shall be valid.
- The volunteer had received adequate training, and that his/her volunteer work should not exceed the training he/she had.
- The Volunteer Work done by the volunteer must be done in good faith, with the aim of carrying out the Volunteer Work specified in the Volunteer Agreement, and not to receive any reward or personal benefit.
- There should be no negligence on the part of the Volunteer.
- The Community Development Authority is responsible towards others for the results of the volunteer work carried out by the volunteer.
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Skills: Volunteering, Positive phycology
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
To participate in this training, please register before 31 December, 2022.