About the program/Scholarship:
The International Youth Federation is offering a volunteer opportunity as a Regional Communication Advisor, MENA. Under the overall direction and guidance of IYF Regional Director, with a secondary reporting line to the Chair of Press Commission, the Regional Communications Adviser helps to develop, implement and manage a regional communications strategy in line with the IYF Communications Strategy, with a particular emphasis on media outreach and mentoring Communications focal points in IYF Country Teams in the region. He/she works in collaboration with the Press Commission.
(A) Develop regional communications strategies, based on Regional objectives and incorporating the goals of corporate communications strategy, and working closely with international media in the region:
- Monitor and measure the impact of the communication strategy and make adjustments accordingly.
- Integrate issue-based advocacy into the communications strategy around key priority areas in the region’s country teams.
(B) Lead media outreach in the region, working closely with international and regional media:
- Ensure the promotion and increased understanding of IYF’s work in the region with special attention on results and impacts achieved through the development and maintenance of international media contacts and using new types of media and communication tools as appropriate.
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around IYF activities, results, flagship initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles, such as roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, report launches, etc.
- Build strong personal relationships with core journalists in the region to establish trustful and reliable connections with key news organizations.
- Explore and utilize innovative and emerging communication tools and new media in support of the communications strategy.
- Proactively market IYF’s work in the media by regularly pitching success stories and placing IYF experts for interviews and commentaries in print and TV/radio outlets.
- Develop plans for increasing the profile of the region’s administration through the audio-visual material to broadcast and social media.
(C) Facilitate capacity building and knowledge sharing, including mentoring and training communications staff in the country offices of the region:
- Liaising with country teams to communicate success stories and results, offering mentoring and advice when needed.
- Play a key role in coaching and mentoring of Country Teams Communications assistants, especially in the design and implementation of communications strategies and work plan
- Assist and guide country office and HQ on responding to reputational management inquiries raised by media and donors.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops on capacity building in communications.
- Prepare periodic reports and summaries for the management of regional media activities.
- Contribute to knowledge networks, communications toolkit, and communities of practice on communications issues.
About the International Youth Federation:
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the current Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically neutral, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network. The IYF was founded in 2014 to oversee international youth participation, empowering youth and encouraging their engagement among the national youth associations. Member countries must each also be engaged through the world regions which is divided into five Regional Administrations: Africa, Asia & Pacific, Europe, Middle East & North Africa, and Americas and the Caribbean. Guided by the IYF vision of empowering youth worldwide along with the Sustainable Development Global Goals, the IYF works through senior Youth Representatives from all the member countries as an advocacy group for the Global Goals among youth
- Worldwide Friendship
- Global Members’ Recognition
- Community Participation
- Leadership Development
- Improves Your Profile
- Personal Development
Age: 18 – 38
How to Apply:
To apply for the volunteer, please send your CV and a motivation letter to [email protected]