About the program/Scholarship:
Institut Pasteur invites applications for the INCEPTION Workshop/Training/Visiting Scientist. Using Integrative Biology, Social Science and Data Science, the INCEPTION program aims to understand the Emergence of Diseases in Populations and in Individuals, gathering different fields of expertise (biology, medicine, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, and social sciences). The call aims to strengthen existing networks, to build new networks of national and international cross cooperation and to encourage the exchange of ideas and concepts in all the areas relevant to the INCEPTION program.
The INCEPTION program is addressing societal challenges related to diseases emergence as:
- Global surveillance and monitoring .
- Multi-scale analyses, integrating the ecosystem.
- Social sphere to define health policies.
- New methodological approaches to make sense of biological big data.
About INCEPTION :
INCEPTION is referred to: Institute Convergence: Emergence of Pathology Through Individuals and Populations. The Inception’s goal is to develop a core structure to mobilize data resources, numerical sciences, and fundamental experimental biology in a range of health issues. Inception is addressing the paradigm shift of modern Biology by fostering effective crosstalk between three distinct disciplines: Computer Science and Data Science, Integrative Biology and Social Sciences.
- The program covers Workshop/Training expenses, including invited speakers’ housing and travel, up to a global amount of € 5000 maximum; Proposals with two or more co-organizers from different partner institutions will be favored, but this is not required.
- Visiting Scientist application concerns researchers invited at Institut Pasteur for up to 6 months maximum.
- The applicant will deliver at least 1-2 seminars/courses per month, and INCEPTION will provide €1000 per month to help the applicant for local fees.
- The call is open to all Institute Pasteur and partner teams.
- If the project is selected, the INCEPTION program and the “Investissements d’Avenir” must be presented as a sponsor, and low prices for Ph.D. students and researchers of the INCEPTION partners must be proposed.
- A report with the outcome (number of speakers and attendees, a program of the event, total cost…) will be asked at the end of the event.
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Age: Not specific
How to Apply:
1- To apply, complete the application form and return it to [email protected]