Program and methodology based on the learning by doing model
The University Master’s Degree in Journalism in Television is aimed at those who want to develop a career as journalists specialized in television, planning and making audiovisual news.
You will have at your disposal an important network of contacts with various communication groups, media and news agencies, where you can develop as a television presenter and editor, reporter, correspondent or expert in production, directing, camera and staging.
According to the General Media Study, television consumption in Spain has grown four points last year, reaching a penetration of 89.1%. Society consumes more and more audiovisual products, among which informative contents stand out.
The Master’s degree in Journalism in Television trains audiovisual information professionals capable of practicing journalism in informative programs of all types or formats, broadcasted by general televisions, specialized channels, the Internet and for all kinds of devices.
If you want to learn how audiovisual information pieces are prepared and elaborated, master the management phases of the news from obtaining the information to broadcasting it, through the recording of images and the digital edition; if you are interested in training in the most demanded journalistic specializations by the current market such as sports journalism, international, economic and fashion – society, this is your Master’s degree.
The collaboration with Antena 3 Televisión and the Atresmedia group creates a training that is very close to the professional world and the needs of the area. The Master’s degree has a faculty of professors formed by professionals of great prestige in all branches of journalism, including the use of facilities and materials of the channel and facilitates the completion of internships at the end of studies.
In addition to Antena 3, the main television channels have hired the graduates of the Master’s Degree in Journalism in Television: Televisión Española, Cuatro, Telecinco, and La Sexta.
The teaching methodology is absolutely practical. The program is carried out through workshops, live sessions, news recording and reports in the street. We mainly work with materials generated by the students themselves and with materials from Antena 3 broadcasts that are used for the analysis and simulation of filming situations.
Atresmedia, sponsor of the Master’s degree, is the main communication group in Spain after its merger with La Sexta. The group owns television channels such as Antena3, Neox, Nova, La Sexta; radio stations such as Onda Cero, Europa FM and Onda Melodía. The group includes Atresplayer, Atremedia Conecta, Nubeox and ¡Hola!TV, among others.
Journalism, Journalism & Media, Media Studies & Mass Media, Multimedia Journalism
- Classroom attendance
1 years | Full time
- From October to June
- If the candidate completed his/her Bachelor’s Degree outside the European Higher Education Area, we would need an official letter or certificate (with the respective sworn translation into Spanish) issued by the University of origin stating that the Bachelor’s Degree of the candidate allows him or her to enrol in a Master’s Degree.
- Résumé or Curriculum vitae (+3 years of professional experience if it is an MBA programme).
- Please, fill in and sign the enrolment form (link below in Spanish or the enclosed document in English).
- You can download the Enrollment Form by clicking here.
- A copy of the candidate’s Passport
- Two recommendation letters A copy of the candidate’s Academic Transcripts along with his/her Bachelor’s Degree Diploma that should be certified and legalized and submitted along with the respective sworn translations of the aforementioned documents into Spanish.
- Cover Letter explaining the reasons of the application itself and any future perspectives related to the studies.