The School of Economics and Politics welcomed its inaugural intake of students in the academic year (2019/2020). The School aspires to become the leading educational institution for Economics and Politics in the MENA region.
The School aims at preparing its graduates, both economists and political scientists, to face recent ongoing international changes, be active political actors, lead countries and shape their futures. This stems from the belief that solid educational background, good management of soft skills and analytical tools, as well as continuous interaction with experts and professionals, through extracurricular activities, are all of great importance in shaping a successful generation. A responsibility the School is willing to carry and a target it aims to achieve.
The School of Economics and Politics seeks excellence in higher education, preparing a flexible, efficient, competitive, diplomatic graduate, engaged in scientific research and adopting a life-long learning approach, tackling both economic and political problems on the domestic and regional level. Graduates would be empowered to actively engage in developmental issues paving the path for future progress and growth of Egypt and the region.
Why the School of Economics and Politics?
The School of Economics and Politics at NGU seeks to develop the educational process in the fields of economics and politics in line with the successive changes in these fields at the local and global levels. Moreover, it seeks to increase the level of practical training of the school’s students to enable them to get the best job opportunities domestically and internationally and to create a generation of students who has the energy, talent, and ability to think critically and to find solutions to economic, political and cultural problems.
Why Choose Economics and Politics Majors:
Dr. Hala Sakr, School Dean, Dr. Ghada Moussa, Lecturer of Politics, Dr. Maie Ashraf, Lecturer of Economics, and Ms. Norhan Elsaraf, Senior Admissions Officer; presented our distinguished Economics and Politics program, future career opportunities, and answered the attendees’ inquiries.
Economics& Economy, Political Economy, Politics& Political Science, Social Sciences
4 years | Full time
- Tuition fees for new students were collected in three installments as follows: The first installment and the total amount of laboratory insurance within 5 working days of sending the initial acceptance to the university. 1st installment (40%): 3,600 USD The second installment is due no later than 15-December 2021. 2nd installment (30%): 2,700 USD The third installment is due no later than 15-March 2022. 2nd installment (30%): 2,700 USD
The four-year bachelor program is designed to provide the society with high calibers both in Economics and Politics. The program will enable students to fully understand economic and political problems and challenges on the national; regional and international levels, acquire and manage different analytical and quantitative tools as well as negotiation skills. All of the aforementioned skills will allow students at the end to compete on the international level. This would be based on both a solid academic background as well as acquiring the 21st-century soft skills.
Only one is required
* Acknowledgment letter: to add a recommendation letter from a Math or Physics teacher for all school degrees.
– American diploma: For Social Studies school 8 main subjects required from the school transcript including English and Math, SAT I /ACT I/EST I is required.
– IGCSE: For Social Studies 8 O Levels including English and Math.
– IB: For Social Studies: English and Math High Level or standard level.
– Canadian: For Social Studies 8 subjects including English and Math.
The School Council determines the number of accepted students in the program annually, in order to ensure the implementation of the educational plan with the required standards and quality while complying with the rules of the Supreme Council of Private and National Universities.
Students with Egyptian General Secondary School degrees or the equivalent degrees of foreign certificates, who wish to join the School of Economics and Politics, in accordance with the admission procedures of the Office of the Coordination of Private Universities, should meet and fulfill the following requirements:
– The English Language Examination (IELTS) with a score of at least 6.5.
– A personal interview with the committee appointed by the School Council.
– A statement of purpose of 450-500 words to be submitted.
Preview this program in