This course focuses on marketing and brand strategy in the fashion and lifestyle industry. Explore how brands become distinctive and desirable, discovering how they identify their unique selling points to position themselves in the market. You’ll then look at how brands communicate with consumers through innovative ideas, strategic delivery and visual communication.
You’ll gain a solid grounding in marketing and branding theory, and you’ll have the opportunity to put this into practice. Learn to use software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, so you can develop your creative ideas to communicate with and influence consumers.
This course is ideal if you want a career in the global fashion industry, working in a business position rather than a design role. You’ll need to be a strategic thinker, but also be able to demonstrate a creative flair.
You don’t need to have a background in art, design or fashion, or have a creative portfolio to apply for this course.
- You’ll have the opportunity to complete a work experience placement of up to a year in length. Dependent on the duration of your placement, you could gain an additional Diploma or Certificate in Professional Practice.
- Learn how to create effective marketing strategies as well as communicate those strategies to consumers.
- Attend guest lectures from industry experts and work on live projects with brands such as Asics, Ben Sherman, Gym Shark, Sunspel, Boots No7 and Lacoste.
- Enter high-profile competitions with major brands, professional bodies and industry leaders.
- Go on optional study trips to international fashion capitals such as New York, Milan, Paris, and Tokyo.
- Visit brand headquarters, exhibitions and trade fairs in the UK and Europe to learn about industry practice.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to one of our partner institutions, such as the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
- Choose your final year project and tailor it to your own career aspirations.
- During your time here, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your work to members of the creative industries. You can view our graduating students’ showcase here.
Business & Management, Fashion Marketing
After studying this course, you will be able to join one of these programs.
Preview this program in