This exciting new degree has been created in response to the global success of the UK film and screen industries.
On this practical course, you’ll explore all aspects of filmmaking to set yourself up for a successful career in producing, directing, writing and other key creative roles in the industry.
With guidance from our expert staff, you will develop a deep understanding of the art of filmmaking and create original, entertaining and innovative films. You will gain skills across a range of filmmaking disciplines while making drama, documentary, commercial, music video and experimental projects leading to the production of a final industry facing short film.
Throughout the course you will work on live briefs with our industry partners, learning the technical and artistic abilities required to produce a professional portfolio tailored to your career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to complete a work experience placement of up to a year in length. Dependent on the duration of your placement, you could gain an additional Diploma or Certificate in Professional Practice.
- Innovative independent filmmaking – this course has been developed with industry and academic insight by staff with a wealth of experience.
- Focus on the creative elements of the film. We want to create artists who can develop and bring their own projects to life.
- Learn in a professional studio environment, using industry-standard facilities such as high-end camera equipment and software such as the Adobe Creative suite and Davinci Resolve. View our Nottingham School of Art & Design Facilities Hub here.
- Develop your skillset through self-initiated work experience placements, industry competitions, external collaborations, and guest lectures.
- Learn from staff with expertise in areas such as directing, producing, scriptwriting, cinematography, and editing.
- During your time here, you will be given the opportunity to showcase your work to members of the creative industries. You can view our graduating students’ showcase here.
- Optional international study trips to renowned film festivals and events.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to one of our partner institutions, such as Northern Arizona University in the USA.
- Course design approved by the International Moving Image Society, recognising the quality and relevance of our teaching content.
Creative, Applied Arts and Design, Film making, Television, Photography
After studying this course, you will be able to join one of these programs.
Preview this program in