Agricultural Technology with Professional Studies
The Agricultural Technology degree programmes enable graduates to gain an understanding of:
• Crop and animal production systems for the sustainability of the agricultural industry, including the underpinning scientific, economic and business principles and the applicability of recent developments
• The impact of global, EU and regional policy on the agricultural industry
• Assessing agri-environment interactions and devising environmental management strategies
• Managing agriculture as a business
• A professional approach to the work environment, study and life-long learning
• Devising, managing and evaluating project work
Agriculture, Agriculture & Forestry, Humanities, Professional Studies
4 years | Full time
The degree has been developed in consultation with employers, industry and academics, to offer students a combined curriculum of formal education and practical experience, which is designed to enhance employability and graduate skills.
The BSc in Agricultural Technology with Professional Studies is provided jointly by the School of Biological Sciences, Queen’s and the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (Greenmount Campus, Antrim). Stages 1 and 2 are delivered mainly at Greenmount Campus, where students are involved in the work and management of specific agricultural enterprises. Students spend their third year on placement and Stage 3 is delivered mainly at Queen’s University Belfast.
Only one is required
The application procedure varies for undergraduate and postgraduate students, so we publish separate information for each. You’ll also need to be able to provide evidence of a specified level of ability in the English language.
The following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to our undergraduate programmes:
- The Certificate of General Secondary Education with 80% plus successful completion of a recognised Foundation programme.
- Applicants who have successfully completed at least one year of university study in Egypt with good grades will be considered on a case by case basis.
- A Levels.
- Between 30 and 36 points in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). Information on required grades.
4 years | Full time
Preview this program in