BA in Liberal Arts with majors: Art History, Classical Studies, Ethics, Film and Visual Studies, Philosophy
In the Western cultural tradition liberal arts education has always been the ultimate mark of an educated person, and still today it provides a comprehensive education in the humanities with the foundation knowledge to enter a number of careers in cultural life, education, and government, or to go straight into graduate study in any subject of humanities. The core aim of the curriculum is to develop well-rounded individuals with general knowledge of a wide range of subjects and with mastery of a range of transferable skills. It is designed to enable students to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, effective oral and written communication skills, and a sense of social responsibility. You will be taught in small, interactive seminar groups, encouraging discussion and debate with teaching staff and fellow students.
You will study a combination of required and optional modules, and choose a subject in which you will major, so no two Liberal Arts students have exactly the same programme. The programme offers you outstanding flexibility, balancing breadth of knowledge across disciplines with the opportunity for in-depth study in a field of your choice. The programme is structured with a system of major – a package of 80 study credits – and minor – 50 study credits to be chosen among the other liberal arts fields – and with required core courses.
Art History, Creative, Applied Arts and Design, Film making, Television, Photography, Humanities, Liberal Arts, Philosophy & Ethics, Visual Arts/Fine Arts (painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video, film making)
3 years | Full time
Only one is required
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
- vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B)
- HEP A/B/C test*
- HIV test*
- Chest X-ray: Please attach the chest’s X-ray result (not the film!) in English/Hungarian! (not older than 3 months)
- Transfer receipt of the EUR 140 application fee
- Acceptable online language exams:
- Duolingo online exam from score 110
- IELTS Indicator from score 5.5
3 years | Full time
Preview this program in