Master’s Degree Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences: Materials Physics
In the programme, you will work in an active research group together with other students, post-docs, and senior researchers on solving problems in e.g. energy efficiency and drug delivery. In addition to the theoretical basis of materials physics, you will also learn to use state-of-the-art research equipment with hands-on courses.
Upon graduation, you will be able to use the diverse set of skills acquired as part of this track, including experimental, theoretical, and numerical techniques to produce and analyse new physical projects.
Engineering & Technology, Materials Science& Biomaterials& Engineering (MSE), Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Physical science, Physics
2 years | Full time
Only one is required
The applicant’s previous degree on the basis of which s/he is seeking admission to the Master’s Degree Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences must be in a relevant field of study. Relevant fields of previous studies for the Materials Physics track are
- materials science
- or similar
You may apply to only one of the five specialisation tracks offered at the Master’s Degree Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences. Therefore, it is very important to choose a track that is close to the field of your previous degree.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the section on programme-specific admission requirements for detailed degree requirements.
University of Turku Scholarship
• Covers 100% of the tuition fee.
• Second year scholarship for students who have
done well (and paid) in their first year of studies.
• A new scholarship first available in 2022.
• Covers the tuition fee and includes a 5 000 €
2 years | Full time
Preview this program in