BSc (Hons) Real Estate
Buying and renting property for professional or personal purposes is one of the most important – and expensive – decisions for a business or individual to make. Real estate offers a dynamic and exciting career requiring a skillset combining economic, interpersonal, management, planning, public policy and sales expertise.
Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), our degree covers all aspects of real estate, including buying and selling, valuing, developing, planning, managing and investing in various property markets – commercial, industrial and residential.
Our professionally oriented course has been designed with input from major employers, capitalising on our excellent industry contacts, which include Barrett Homes, Savills and British Land. With the headquarters of many major property firms close by, our central London location enables us to invite a wide range of professionals to give guest lectures and regularly contribute to the course. They provide work placements, content for coursework and help with assessment, providing a valuable practitioner perspective.
We arrange various site visits, so you can experience real-life estate strategies and see developments from construction through to completion. In the past, for example, students visited Lendlease’s nearby Elephant Park development, part of a £2.3 billion regeneration programme on 28 acres of land in the centre of Elephant and Castle. There are also optional international field trips, which have previously included visits to Brookfield Properties and Cushman and Wakefield in New York, as well as Savills in Malaysia and Hong Kong.
The course will allow you to complete the academic requirements of membership status of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. There are opportunities to enhance your CV by attending our Employer evenings and you can choose to undertake a year’s placement after your second year.
Recent graduates have found work within large and small property companies, local authorities, developers, health trusts, investment firms, landed estates and many other property-related areas.
Top reasons to study with us
- 20th in UK and 2nd in London for Town & Country Planning (Source: Complete University Guide 2020)
- The course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Excellent industry links with property firms and construction companies, including Lendlease, Knight Frank, Chase and Partners, RICS and Falcon Chambers
- Street walks taking in Marylebone, Euston and Fitzrovia, and street talks incorporating King’s Cross redevelopment, Baker Street and Mayfair
- Central London location enables us to invite directors of leading property firms to deliver guest lectures, previously from NEC Contracts, Mendex, Luton Borough Council, HTA Consultants and BREEAM
- Opportunities for internships and/or a placement year, for example, one student previously worked at Barratt Homes
- Contractors, developers, professional consultancies, client organisations, central government and local authorities all employ our graduates
International year one
Engineering & Technology, Urban planning/Urban Development/Planning and Real Estate& Urban design
Total fees: $25000
Start date: January,March,May
Duration: 2 terms
You can check and overview course modules through here
After studying this course, you will be able to join one of these programs.
Preview this program in