Eastern Michigan University
EMU enriches lives in a supportive, intellectually dynamic and diverse community. Our dedicated faculty balance teaching and research to prepare students with relevant skills and real world awareness. We are an institution of opportunity where students learn in and beyond the classroom to benefit the local and global communities.
Eastern Michigan University will be a premier public university recognized for student-centered learning, high quality academic programs and community impact.
Top reasons to study here
- Ranked 85th best regional university by US news and world report
- Accredited and top rankings for many departments and courses
- Affordable Tuition fees
- Scholarships up to 50%
- Healthy Environment
- More than 250 programs
- 92% employment rate
Eastern Michigan University programs
about Eastern Michigan University
EMU provides safe and comfortable study and living environment. There is a variety of housing and dining options at EMU. Students have free access to academic buildings, library, gym, and student center. EMU provides excellent international student services including English improvement, cultural adjustment, academic support, and career development. International students call EMU “a home away from home”.
Founded in 1849, Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a historical comprehensive public university.
Eastern Michigan University recognizes that developing a research agenda requires resources and support. Research development is supported by:
- Provost’s Internal Research Awards
- ORDA Workshops and Services
- Consultation with ORDA research development and pre-award officers
The Eastern Michigan University Advising and Career Development Center (UACDC) is here to help you choose the right academic and career paths for your goals, talents and passions. From helping you choose and register for coursework to exploring available employment opportunities, there are many ways the UACDC can open doors for you.
Click here to watch a video by university
The Student Center is known as EMU’s “Main Street” and offers a variety of programs, services and facilities for students and the community. Discover the relaxing atmosphere, eclectic dining options, wide range of shopping choices, quiet spaces for studying, student services, including Service EMU and Academic Advising. Ranked number one student union in the country by the College Rank, The Student Center is a place where individuals are respected, diversity is valued and community is fostered. It is “Centered On You!”
The Student Center is proud to promote good green practices! You can be green while visiting, by using the blue recycling bins located throughout the building, using the bottle refilling stations located on the second and third floors, recycling batteries in the battery recycling buckets, and taking empty printer cartridges to the VISION Volunteer Center located in room 346.
Living on campus is the best way to make the most of your experience at Eastern. As a resident living on campus, you’ll have the opportunity to make your college experience successful, memorable and enjoyable. Housing and Residence Life provides a welcoming student-centered environment that will be supportive and provide you with tools needed for the future.
Does the student have a food allergy or special dietary needs? We have a full-time Registered Dietitian who will work with your student to develop a plan to help them safely and successfully manage their dietary needs while dining on campus.
- The library serves as a center for intellectual discovery and inquiry at EMU, as well as a repository and archive for the products of EMU scholarly and creative effort.
- The library is positioned as a key partner in provision of leading-edge information and instructional technologies to support the educational mission and goals of the campus.
- The library manages an increasingly complex collection of both electronic and physical content to support the curriculum and research needs of the EMU community.
- The library maintains a dynamic online presence that serves as a gateway to library services and resources.
- The library provides a student-centered facility that enhances and supports teaching, learning and collaboration.
- The library supports information literacy in partnership with teaching faculty to promote student success.
- The library provides exceptional, proactive, personalized customer service.
- The library employs liaison relationships, promotional opportunities and campus information exchange venues to ensure that faculty and students are aware of the library’s services and collections.
- The library’s collaborative work environment brings out the talents of library faculty and staff.
- The library collaborates with libraries and other organizations in Michigan and beyond to maximize services and collections.
- The library balances visionary aspirations with fiscal realities in selecting resources and technological innovation to bring to campus.
International students are required to have insurance while studying at EMU. Currently, you may be able to waive our policy if you have an acceptable/comparable insurance plan.
As long as you are enrolled at EMU and a waiver was not approved you will automatically be billed for Student Insurance by semester on or about the first day of class.
Campus Life offers student-centered learning, development and involvement activities that challenge and support the unique gifts, needs, experiences and interests of our students, our professional staff members and members of the broader campus community.
An unwavering commitment to building champions in the classroom, in the community, and in competition.
Eastern Michigan Athletics is relentlessly committed to:
- The welfare & academic success of our student-athletes
- Following the rules of the University, MAC, and NCAA
- Providing a great fan and student-athlete experience
- Promoting diversity and inclusion within our department
- Building and maintaining exceptional facilities
- Competing for championships
- Defining Principles
- Focus on the student-athlete
- Possess great integrity
- Aggressively promote Eastern Michigan
Preview this program in