Grozny State Oil Technical University
The Grozny Oil Institute founded in the center of one of the first oil and gas producing regions of Russia. Therefore, engineers, graduates of the university, always distinguished not only first-class theoretical, but also excellent practical training.
For 85 years, the Grozny Petroleum Institute has trained more than 50,000 specialists for various sectors of the national economy of Russia.
Top reasons to study here
Why Russia :
- Quality Education with teaching staff more than 90 % consisting of Professors and
Candidates of Sciences;
- Medium of Instructions is English during the whole period of study;
- Easy Admission Process;
- No entrance exams;
- Access to the most modern laboratories, technical and research centers;
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, the UK, the USA, Asia, Africa);
- Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB (the UK), USMLE (the USA), MCI, PMDC, other International Organizations and throughout the EU;
- IELTS/TOEFL or other certificates alike are not required;
- Worldwide Acceptance of Russian Method of Teaching and Learning;
- Textbooks and studying materials are provided for the students for free;
- Practical classes in hospital from the 2nd year;
- Coaching for our students to prepare them for national and internationals licensing
examination from the 3rd year (MCI, USMLE, etc);
- Internship in the biggest hospitals of Russia;
- Emphasis on Practical Aspect in Teaching;
- One of the Best Transportation systems in the world;
- Students are guaranteed to get an Admission and Invitation Letters;
- Upon successful application, all international students are provided with study-only visa;
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university-run hospitals;
- No Donation;
- All offered universities are Government Universities of Russia;
- Widest range of educational programs available;
- Great campuses and facilities are offered
- Education that combines traditional and modern innovations;
- International students are given an opportunity to lead a great social life.
Why Grozny :
Grozny, also spelled Groznyy, city and capital of the Republic of Chechnya, Russia. Grozny is a city in Russia, the capital of the Chechnya Republic, standing on both banks of the Sunzha River, the tributary of the Terek River. Grozny city climate is temperate continental with mild winters, long and hot summers. The average temperature in January is -2 degrees, in July — +24 degrees. Large-scale reconstruction of the city was carried out in recent years. The airport “Grozny” offers flights to Moscow.
In the center of the city, you can see a large Islamic complex with a total area of almost 14 hectares. On its territory, there is the mosque “Heart of Chechnya” (the largest in Europe). Grozny is the home city of the Russian Premier League football club “FC Terek” playing in Sultan Bilimkhanov stadium.
Grozny State Oil Technical University programs
about Grozny State Oil Technical University
The Grozny State Oil Technical University is one of the oldest specialized oil university not only in the Russian Federation, but also in the world.
In the autumn of 1942, both teachers and students were forced to leave the premises of the Institute because of the Eastern Front. However, in the spring of 1943, it began operating in Grozny again. In 1973 the Institute was named after Mikhail Dmitrievich Millionschikov, one of the most prominent graduates, the Hero of Socialist Labor, Academician, and the Vice President of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Because of the Chechen-Russian conflict, from 1991 to 2000 the Institute underwent dramatic changes, namely, most facilities were destroyed, teaching personnel left Chechnya, and a big number of teachers and students were either dead or missing. Under the Federal Target Program, reconstruction of the Institute’s main facilities began in 2007. In February 2011, upon successful restoration, the Institute was given a status of the University.
The university offers various areas of training in specialized Bachelor’s and Master’s programs as well as other postgraduate courses. Every year the university also welcomes international students from all over the world and their quantity is constantly increasing.
Its graduates are highly qualified professionals who are competent in their field of work, their achievements being the result of their hard work and vast knowledge of university teaching staff.
- 5 academic buildings
- A student dormitory
- Palace of Sports, a stadium
- A gym
- The recreation center “Agoy” on the Black Sea
- A rest house on the Caspian Sea
All international students are free to use a university-managed accommodation. The building of student halls is situated within 3 km from the main building of the university. It is a 5-story building, wherein each story has 2 shared laundry rooms and 1 study room.
There are 2 types of rooms that can accommodate 170 students in total.
Double rooms include features as private WC, shower, kitchen and balcony;
Suite-style rooms are divided into several categories:
- double and triple rooms share such amenities as WC, shower, and kitchen with another room.
- 5-person suite is comprised of one double room and one triple room that are connected by a shared private hallway, WC, kitchen, shower, and balcony.
- Grozny State Petroleum Institute (GGNI) received the official status of the Technical University of GSTU.
- Research and development in priority areas of elaboration of STC of Russia for 2014-2020
- An umbrella project on creation of a pilot geothermal station on the basis of implementation of a circulatory usage scheme of deep heat of the Earth
Preview this program in