Kazan State Medical University
With 200 years of experience in medical training, KSMU is justifiably an international University. Around 700 students from more than 57 countries around the world study here and half of them study in English. Moreover, we have a large group of students from neighboring and remote regions of Russia. We are proud that Kazan medical school is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. That is why our priority is support and care for international students.
Top reasons to study here
Why Russia :
- Quality Education with teaching staff more than 90 % consisting of Professors and Candidates of Sciences;
- Medium of Instructions is English during the whole period of study;
- Easy Admission Process;
- No entrance exams;
- Access to the most modern laboratories, technical and research centers;
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, the UK, the USA, Asia, Africa);
- Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB (the UK), USMLE (the USA), MCI, PMDC, other International Organizations and throughout the EU;
- IELTS/TOEFL or other certificates alike are not required;
- Worldwide Acceptance of Russian Method of Teaching and Learning;
- Mess with Indian cooker 3 times per day;
- Textbooks and studying materials are provided for the students for free;
- Practical classes in hospital from the 2nd year;
- Coaching for our students to prepare them for national and internationals licensing
examination from the 3rd year (MCI, USMLE, etc);
- Internship in the biggest hospitals of Russia;
- Emphasis on Practical Aspect in Teaching;
- One of the Best Transportation systems in the world;
- Students are guaranteed to get an Admission and Invitation Letters;
- Upon successful application, all international students are provided with study-only visa;
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university-run hospitals;
- No Donation;
- All offered universities are Government Universities of Russia;
- Widest range of educational programs available;
- Great campuses and facilities are offered;
- Education that combines traditional and modern innovations;
- International students are given an opportunity to lead a great social life.
- KSMU is the third oldest Medical University in Russia after Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- Only university in Kazan which is recognized by the Ministry of Healthcare & Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Government funded University.
- Only university in Kazan, recognized by the WHO, listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine).
- Only university in Kazan, recognized by ECFMG (USA).
- Only university in Kazan, recognized by leading medical councils viz. AMC, GMC, MCI etc.
about Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University has trained more than 24000 students from 49 countries. Currently, Kazan State Medical University has 79 Departments with a staff of 660 qualified teachers. Today the Kazan State Medical University is the leader among Russian medical schools in the number of students.
Kazan State Medical University is a 200 years old University, which makes it one of the oldest University of Russian Federation. Kazan State Medical University is a multi-functional multi-level state medical school in Kazan city. On November 18, 1804, Emperor Alexander I established the Kazan Imperial University in which Kazan State Medical University was opened on May 15, 1814, as a Medical Faculty of the Kazan Imperial University. As time spun, the faculty of Medicine grew slowly and spontaneously. During the 19th Century, the departments of biochemistry, physiology, medicine, histology, path-physiology, eye disease, surgery, psychiatry, and nerve diseases were introduced. In November 1930 the Medical Faculty Kazan Imperial University became Kazan State Medical Institute, an independent institution with medical and sanitation departments. On April 24, 1994, Kazan State Medical Institute received university status. Currently, Kazan State Medical University is a part of the Higher Education and Scientific Research center of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
Kazan State Medical University provides education in accordance with the licenses and certificates issued by the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Education and Science. The quality of their programs is accredited and meets the standards and criteria of professional accreditation, comparable with European standards. Training of specialists in Kazan State Medical University is performed in 9 specialties in six faculties. Kazan State Medical University conducts training of medical personnel in various specialties in 12 regions of the Russian Federation.
KSMU represents the leading scientific schools of Russia and the most relevant research studies. According to an independent rating agency «RateOR» in the field of education among all Russian universities’ scientific achievements rating only 3 of Universities of Kazan are in the top fifty and Kazan Medical University holds the second result after Kazan State University. Only five of the best medical universities of the country have been included in the rating, among them Kazan Medical University firmly holds the third place, after the Moscow Medical Academy in the name of I.M. Sechenov and after Russian State Medical University!
Clinical training is performed at 54 units of the Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation. There are 33 general hospitals, outpatient departments, 21 polyclinics, maternity houses, dental polyclinics, etc. The total number of beds is 8 600. There are 4 315 therapeutic, 2 120 pediatric, 1 210 surgical, and 440 gynecological beds.
Dorms consist of eight rooms per floor, with 2-3 people per room. Each floor also has one kitchen and two toilets, and the basement has a shower. Students cannot select their own rooms. We encourage students to apply early, as the number of rooms is limited. Some students may not be comfortable with dorm rules, as they are often considered strict.
All Dormitories have the following facilities:
- Laundry room
- Medical aid cabinet
- Reading room
- Free Internet connection
- In 2017, Kazan State Medical University became the first medical university on the post-Soviet space and Eastern Europe, which received institutional accreditation of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Reaccreditation is Due in 2020.
- The third oldest Medical University in Russia.
- Institutional Accreditation : Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
- Country Rank – 124
- World Rank – 3358
- This is the only university in Kazan, recognized by ECFMG (USA).
- This university is recognized by leading medical councils such as NMC, AMC, GMC, etc.
Preview this program in