Louisiana State University
With more than 235 academic fields of study in 10 colleges and schools, students are guaranteed to find a program they’re interested in. As LSU alumni, students will have connections to top companies like Kraft, Ralph Lauren, DreamWorks, CNN, Nike, Ernst & Young, and Shell. Students have access to work in fullscale industrial facilities, manage investment portfolios, and launch their own businesses.
LSU provides a beautiful campus and one-of-a-kind student experience in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the
state capital and a cultural crossroads between the Cajun country of Lafayette and the beautiful,
internationally known city of New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz music and home of Mardi Gras.
Top reasons to study here
- TOP 100 – Public, Business and Engineering Schools
- Gabriela Gonzalez (Professor – top 100 leading global thinkers, top 10 scientists 2010 – detected
- Oil and gas platform on campus (hands-on training) – PERTT Lab
- UG graduates get at least 2 job offers within 6 months after graduation
- IMB working with Professors on research (Technology, Math, Software Development)
- TIGER trading floor
- One of the largest football stadiums in the world (fits 103 000 people)
- U.S. News & World Report ranked LSU as the 16th most popular university in the nation
- Famous alumni include former presidents of Honduras and Panama, James Carville (former
senior advisor to President Clinton and President Obama), NBA superstar Shaquille O’Neal
- Incredible sports facilities (state-of-the-art swimming pool, indoor running track, etc)
Louisiana State University programs
about Louisiana State University
Mission and Vision
As the Flagship institution of the state, the vision of Louisiana State University is to be a leading research-extensive university, challenging undergraduate and graduate students to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal development. Designated as a Land, Sea, and Space Grant institution, the mission of Louisiana State University is the generation, preservation, dissemination, and application of knowledge and cultivation of the arts.
In implementing its mission, LSU is committed to:
- offering a broad array of undergraduate degree programs and extensive graduate research opportunities designed to attract and educate highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students;
- employing faculty who are excellent teacher-scholars, nationally competitive in research and creative activities, and who contribute to a world-class knowledge base that is transferable to educational, professional, cultural, and economic enterprises; and
- using its extensive resources to solve economic, environmental, and social challenges.
(Mission Statement approved October 2012)
National Ranking: US News & World Report 2022 – #172 National University
•#85 Top Public School
• #3 UG Petroleum Engineering
• #11 UG Landscape Architecture Program
• #96 Best Engineering Program
Preview this program in