Since its creation in 1995, Nebrija University has maintained the differentiating values of its educational model, based on quality teaching as well as on research as knowledge creation, which includes a comprehensive training of different skills, competences and abilities of all its students. These are key values that are crucial to achieve the development of individual talent and the best opportunities for professional integration too.
Our philosophy is to learn by doing, which becomes a unique university experience. In fact, it is a vital experience in the transformation of the student towards a global knowledge in order to start and lead the changes in which he or she is immersed.
Top reasons to study here
Nebrija University stands out thanks to its main values, which are:
- Employability and orientation towards the profession itself, with several internship possibilities in different companies and institutions for all of our students.
- Academic excellence and personalized teaching in small groups, which includes meeting relevant personalities that are part of the academic and professional world.
- Internationalization, that is, a mix of bilingual international students in Madrid along with several international programs abroad, which is one of the essential experiences before completing the respective studies.
- Pedagogical innovation that includes spaces of knowledge and employment in order to become creative,enterprisingand interact with all sectors while studying at our university.
Nebrija University programs
about Nebrija University
A private University in Madrid, pioneer in educational innovation, which has launched Undergraduate Degrees in strategic areas of our country. In addition, we were also the first to incorporate, from the first year and in all Undergraduate curricula, practical experience in professional and international environments, promoting the necessary skills and competences to facilitate integration into the labor market.
Who was Antonio de Nebrija?
Elio Antonio Nebrija was born in Lebrija (Seville) – hence his pseudonym – in 1441. He studied Humanities at the University of Salamanca and continued his philological studies in Bologna, where he interacted with Italian humanism. His teaching began at the University of Salamanca, to which he devoted a large part of his life. Summoned by Cardinal Cisneros, he went to the University of Alcalá to participate in the publishing of the Polyglot Bible, a project he abandoned due to differences with the group of translators. The last years of his life were spent teaching at the University of Alcalá, where he died in 1522.
The commitment of Nebrija University to academic excellence, training in leading companies, innovation in multidisciplinary programs and international education, place Nebrija University in the top positions of the most important university rankings, that might be checked here. Actually, Nebrija students are the real protagonists of a unique and absolutely different academic and professional project. Additionally, we are the 1st Spanish University in Teaching Methodology and the 1st Spanish university for Employability in Bachelor’s Degrees in Engineering and Architectureaccording to U-Ranking, of the BBVA Foundation and IVIE.
Doctoral training is key at Nebrija University, as it invests the necessary resources so that the training and the social and academic impact of the research of our doctoral students is the greatest possible.
- Doctorate in Applied Linguistics to Language Teaching
- Doctorate in Education and Cognitive Processes
- Doctorate in Security and Risk and Conflict Analysis
- Doctorate in Inter-university in Economics and Business: Well-being and Internationalization (UNED and Nebrija)
- Doctorate in Inter-university Tourism
- Doctorate in Industrial Technologies
Research Groups and Centers
The structure on which the University’s research work is based are the Nebrija Research Groups. These groups are formed, for the most part, by researchers assigned to the University. Some external researchers who work on common lines also take part.
Research groups are the basis of the university’s research activity, they generate most of the scientific production linked to the university, and promote research projects financed with external funds.
The University also has two Research Centers, which include recognized experts from strategic specialization areas, in which the university wants to be an international reference point.
From the beginning we understood that employability should be our goal. We create specific departments and show society our results. While the others promised an idyllic future, we publicly committed ourselves to our Nebrija Contract, the hallmark that has differentiated us during all these years and has made us a benchmark in employability .
Our educational model builds the ID of the Nebrija student by creating professional profiles capable of responding with values, competence and agility to the dizzying challenges of a globalized, multicultural, multidisciplinary and technological world.
General services of the University
- Student Service Center
- Department of Professional Careers
- International Mobility Office
- Sports and Clubs
- Psychopedagogical Orientation Office
- Facilities and Infrastructures
Nebrija Residences is an educational institution in which you will find a space for coexistence that encourages social and cultural life as a complement to academic training.
The Augustinus-Nebrija Residence
The Nebrija-Chamberí Residence
The Nebrija-Corazonistas Residence
Con-vive Madrid Student Housing
read more about the accommodation
The Library Service of Nebrija University is an autonomous functional unit, structured into several branches or centers. In accordance with its main function, it constitutes the essential support for teaching and research, facilitating access to scientific information that the university community needs, formed by students, teaching staff (professors) and non-teaching staff (of administration and services).
Fulfilling this task involves the management of information and the acquisition, conservation and treatment of a bibliographic fund linked mainly to the basic subjects and related to the Schools, Centers, Institutes, Residences and areas that make up the University.
- Madrid-Princesa Campus
- Life Sciences Campus in La Berzosa
- Joaquín María López Building
- San Rafael-Nebrija University Center
- Dehesa de la Villa Campus
The Sports Service of the University offers students the possibility of performing some type of physical activity or sport in their university phase from a formative, healthy, integrative and comprehensive approach, based on the values of sports and the development of professional skills associated with sports practice
To respond to the different branches of university sports, our offer is structured in 4 areas: internal competitive sports, sports schools, interuniversity competition sports (University Championships of Madrid) and activities in nature.
It integrates the current students of the Antonio de Nebrija University and the Hispanic Studies Center and promotes the organization of extracurricular activities through the different cultural and sports clubs that comprise it.
Advantages for members
- They can participate in the activities carried out by the different cultural and sports clubs.
- They can use, with written authorization, the facilities of the University for the development of the activities organized by the different clubs.
- They can participate free of charge or with very significant discounts in training activities (seminars, conferences, specialization courses) organized by the Antonio de Nebrija Foundation.
- They benefit from the advantages and social benefits derived from the condition of member of the Antonio de Nebrija Foundation (financial institutions, insurance companies, travel agencies, cultural activities …).
The commitment of Nebrija University to academic excellence, training in leading companies, innovation in multidisciplinary programs and international education, place Nebrija University in the top positions of the most important university rankings.
- Nebrija University takes the 5th position among the 20 best universities in Spain according to the study carried out by Forbes magazine
- Nebrija University is at the head of Spanish universities in the field of teaching, according to the latest edition of U-Ranking
- Nebrija University is the only university in the Community of Madrid that has received the three certificates that make up the Madrid Guarantee seal: ‘Compliance Measures’, ‘Extraordinary Measures’ and ‘Solidarity Actions’. This certification is granted by the Government of the Community of Madrid to certify that Nebrija University complies with all safety regulations and measures against the threat of COVID-19, even extraordinary ones, on all its campuses, and that it has also launched solidarity measures during the pandemic.
- Nebrija University has obtained five stars, the highest score, in Teaching, Internationalization and Online Teaching in the International Ranking QS Stars, a British organization leader in education rankings.
- 3nd private University in Spain.
- 1st private University in Madrid according to University Transparency Ranking 2018
- Among the 10 best Spanish-speaking online universities in the world according to Ranking of Spanish-speaking Online Institutions of Higher Education (FSO) 2020
- Nebrija University has been classified among the 10 best Ibero-american digital and innovative universities in the University Innovation Ranking, carried out by elEconomista.es, this being our first time participating in this classification.
- Recognition of the Secretariat of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation of Ecuador (SENESCYT)
- Global TOP 100 Best Masters
- Recognition of the Ministry of Educationof the People’s Republic of China
- Nebrija University receives the favorable certification of the DOCENTIA – NEBRIJA model from the Madri+d Foundation. This procedure is used for the evaluation of the faculty’s teaching activity.
Preview this program in