Pskov State University
Pskov State University is regarded as a flagship of the educational system, the сenter for science and culture of the region. The University is a prestigious higher education institution in the Northwest of Russia recognized both in Russia and abroad.
The history of the University is a hard work done by both the highly qualified staff and talented students. Such factors as the University’s professional and scientific potential, the cult of knowledge, strong commitment to research and adherence to the newest trends allow us to tackle the whole range of challenges that higher education faces nowadays. The University features 22 training and laboratory buildings, 11 student dormitories for 3 500 residents, 6 assembly halls and 8 gyms. In 2019 a new campus will be opened on the embankment of the Velikaya.
The University library has 9 membership options, 7 reading halls, and 2 electronic reading rooms. The total library stock exceeds one million books and periodicals both in traditional and electronic formats. The library has an automated information library system. We have launched a central e-catalog (about 170 000 records).
The University structure is made up of 10 Faculties and 51 Chairs, a branch in the city of Velikiye Luki (1 faculty and 3 chairs), PskovSU College and the Life Long Learning Institute.
Currently, 70% of the University teaching staff has D.Sc. and Cand.Sc. degrees and academic status. Our specialists’ academic excellence is proved by the results that our undergraduate and graduate students earn when participating in regional, national and international competitions, conferences and olympiads. Today the University enrolls about 10 thousand students; 1 300 are international students from 41 countries of the world.
The University trains specialists to the benefit of economic, political, social, historical and cultural sectors of development of the Pskov region as the border region included into the system of Baltic countries partnerships.
Top reasons to study here
Why Russia :
- Quality Education with teaching staff more than 90 % consisting of Professors and Candidates of Sciences;
- Medium of Instructions is English during the whole period of study;
- Easy Admission Process;
- No entrance exams;
- Access to the most modern laboratories, technical and research centers;
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, the UK, the USA, Asia, Africa);
- Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB (the UK), USMLE (the USA), MCI, PMDC, other International Organizations and throughout the EU;
- IELTS/TOEFL or other certificates alike are not required;
- Worldwide Acceptance of Russian Method of Teaching and Learning;
- Mess with Indian cooker 3 times per day;
- Textbooks and studying materials are provided for the students for free;
- Practical classes in hospital from the 2nd year;
- Coaching for our students to prepare them for national and internationals licensing
examination from the 3rd year (MCI, USMLE, etc);
- Internship in the biggest hospitals of Russia;
- Emphasis on Practical Aspect in Teaching;
- One of the Best Transportation systems in the world;
- Students are guaranteed to get an Admission and Invitation Letters;
- Upon successful application, all international students are provided with study-only visa;
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university-run hospitals;
- No Donation;
- All offered universities are Government Universities of Russia;
- Widest range of educational programs available;
- Great campuses and facilities are offered;
- Education that combines traditional and modern innovations;
- International students are given an opportunity to lead a great social life.
Pskov State University programs
about Pskov State University
PskovSU can be proud of its highest academic achievements. University has created a comfortable environment for doing research in different fields of knowledge. You can benefit here from 4 research laboratories (laboratory of archaeological and of cultural heritage, laboratory of regional philological studies, laboratory of higher education quality problems, training and production laboratory for energy efficiency), 8 basic chairs, 3 сenters of common use equipped with modern scientific equipment and 8 small innovative enterprises. Life Long Learning Institute offers 87 additional programs of further education. The Institute also provides training for future enrollees in 19 University core courses (2 of them are delivered in PskovSU branch in the city of Velikie Luki). PskovSU Resource Center for Personnel Training for Industry and Social Sphere of the Pskov Region assists in the employment of students.
Research Activities Office
Structure of the Office
- Scientific Organization Department
- Department of projects and grants
Aims and functions of the Office:
- The development of science and scientific infrastructure of the university, which is the main prerequisite for the training of qualified staff;
- Planning, coordination and monitoring of PskovSU research activity units;
- Improving the university researches;
- Organizing and holding scientific conferences, workshops and symposia;
- Organizing the activities of dissertation councils of the university;
- Ensuring the participation of the university departments in projects, programs, grants;
- Analysis of scientific activity of the university units;
- Organizing systematic monitoring over the progress of orders, instructions, and decisions of the Academic Council of the University on the research work of the university, departments, teachers, and students;
- Compilation of sample and final reports on the research activities of teachers, graduate students, and university departments;
- Preparation of orders and instructions to the research activities of the university;
- Providing guidance to the scientific departments of the University in the development of their activities;
- Organization of scientific links with schools, universities and research institutions, including foreign ones;
- Generalization of the experience of research work of the laboratories and other scientific structural units of the university, and also of faculties and departments;
- Coordination of the students’ research activities;
- Generalization of the research work of the students of faculties and departments;
- Providing guidance to the Student Scientific Societies of faculties and departments;
- Control over the implementation of the R & D tasks and the contractual obligations;
- Doing the necessary paperwork.
Basic social protection measures:
- advice and guidance on the provision of social benefits and guarantees;
- social and psychological counseling;
- financial support;
- the appointment of state social grants, increased scholarships to 1st and 2nd year students in need;
- operation of the sanatorium;
- social work with orphan students and students left without parental care, students with disabilities, students from low-income families and other socially unprotected categories of students;
- the organization of leisure and spa treatment for the children of faculty and staff of the University.
Medical department provides outpatient care for students and university staff. The department is staffed with physicians, therapists and a pediatrician. Also there are physical therapy and treatment rooms.
- Providing first aid and pre-hospital care;
- Providing primary medical care (therapy, family medicine, and pediatrics);
- Providing specialized health care in neurology and physiotherapy;
- Providing health care for spa treatment (therapy);
- Conducting expert examination of temporary disability and medical aid quality;
- Providing preventive medical examinations;
- Conducting pre-trip and aftertrip medical examinations;
- Providing vaccination;
- Providing medical examination for the students, taking part in sport competitions at the University;
- Providing pertaining to the prophylaxy examinations for students and monitoring of chronic patients.
Sports infrastructure of PskovSU includes 9 gyms (6 playrooms and 3 workout rooms), an open-air stadium, 3 skiing lodges, a shooting gallery, and a swimming pool with a gym.
The total area of the gyms is 2396 sq.m. The area of the open-air stadium is 2100 sq.m. The area of the swimming pool water surface is 275 sq.m., the length of the tracks is 25 m.
These sports facilities are used to hold training sessions for the students of the University. Classes are held under the supervision of 25 instructors on the staff of the Department of Physical Education. The number of students involved is more than 5 thousand people.
There are 20 different sports clubs in PskovSU: volleyball (men and women), basketball (men and women), athletics, indoor soccer (women), table tennis, shooting, swimming, aerobics and fitness aerobics, orienteering, athletic gymnastics, unarmed self-defense, and shooting archery. More than 600 people are involved in these clubs. Training is supervised by experienced coaches from among full-time employees, as coaches on a contractual basis.
- In the World #4799 of 14178
- In Europe #1403 of 2794
- In Russia #156 of 385
- In Pskov #1 of 1
Preview this program in