INTO Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland with a distinguished heritage and history.
Today, Queen’s University Belfast it is an international centre of research and education rooted at the heart of Northern Ireland, with more than 3,700 members of staff and a turnover of over £315 million.
Top reasons to study here
- Impacting Communities Locally And Globally.
- At The Cutting Edge Of Innovation.
- Supporting Your Potential.
- An Inclusive, Collaborative, And Supportive Research Culture.
- Friendly, affordable and safe, your student journey begins in Belfast, the vibrant capital city of Northern Ireland.
At The Forefront Of Tackling Global Challenges.
INTO Queen’s University Belfast programs
about INTO Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s is a dynamic and diverse institution at the heart of the city’s cultural, arts and social scenes. It is one of the largest employers in Belfast and each year contributes more than £700 million to the Northern Ireland economy.
Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we are ranked 85 in the world (Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022), and a member of the Russell Group of UK research intensive universities, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
A WORLD CLASS EDUCATION AND STUDENT EXPERIENCE
At Queen’s we offer a world-class education that prepares our students for leadership and citizenship in a global society.
Our students enjoy being educated by world-leading academics working at the forefront of their disciplines and a significant investment in the student experience has resulted in high levels of student satisfaction.
WE’RE COMMITTED TO MAKING A MEANINGFUL IMPACT ON THE WORLD
Researchers at Queen’s help tackle the global challenges of our age, changing people’s lives for the better.
We are a world-class international university built on teaching excellence, leading-edge research, innovation, collaboration and engagement.
Over 96% of Queen’s graduates are in employment or further study six months after graduation; our graduates are dominating senior leadership positions in 80 of Northern Ireland’s top 100 companies, and making a difference in over 120 countries.
The Queen’s Careers Team are here to support students and graduates with all aspects of career planning and decision making.
We’ll help you set career goals, communicate your worth to employers and equip you with the skills you need to stand out in the competitive global job market. The skills we help you build, will benefit you forever.
- Take Part in an Event or Programme
- Access Advice on CVs and Interviews
- Find a Job through MyFuture
- Develop your Employability
- Make your extra-curricular activities count with Degree Plus
- Book an Online Consultation
The SGC is the first place to visit for information, support, advice and guidance including:
• Careers Service
• Resilience, Wellbeing and Counselling
• Disability Services
• Student Finance
• International Student Support
• Learning Development Service
• Student Administration
- It Training And Support
- Faith Provision
- Students’ Union Advice Centre
Elms BT1 and Elms BT2
We know how important finding the right home is to your student experience. Our student housing at Elms BT9 has been applauded consistently by our students for quality, cost and service (ISB Autumn 2015 and 2017 surveys).
Located just 15 minutes from Queen’s main campus (0.9mi), you’ll be neighbours with the vibrant city-centre nightlife, popular restaurants and local supermarkets.
- BT1/BT2 Single En Suite Bedrooms
BT1/BT2 Self-Contained Studio Apartments
BT1 Accessible Room
BT1/BT2 Communal Areas
Queen’s has invested over £50m in the McClay Library, blending the best features of a traditional library with the latest technology.
Facilities include computing and media services, IT training rooms, quiet study and group work areas, a cafe, a Language Centre and a vast range of printed works.
- An Award-winning Library
- Extensive Book And Journal Collections
- A 21st-century Environment
- The Library’s Magnificent Centrepiece
“Cs Lewis Reading Room”
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for staff and students seeking help, advice and support for all IT related services.
- New Computer setup and configuration
- Email accounts
- Mobile Devices
- Technical Support for Staff and Students
- Storage and Backup
- IT Accessibility
- Large Scale Printing
The University Health Centre at Queen’s is a General Practice situated in South Belfast. We are a GP Practice opened for registrations to anyone residing within the local area.
This includes families, individuals as well as students in the South Belfast.
Our dedicated team of GP’s and nurses have extensive experience with special interests in sports medicine, mental health, sexual health including family planning, dermatology, travel and health promotion. We are a friendly team. Our aim is to provide a high quality health care for all our patients.
Queen’s is at the heart of Belfast’s culture, as well as its art and social scenes. We’re proud to be part of a bustling, cosmopolitan city boasting a vibrant social life and rich cultural heritage.
- State Of The Art Facilities
- An Award-winning Library
- A Boutique Cinema On Campus
- Ulster Museum
- Botanic Gardens
- On Campus Food And Drink Markets
- Cafes, Restaurants And Shops
Since our foundation in 1849, sport has played an important part in the Queen’s student experience.
Located next to the main campus, Queen’s Sport provides students with the opportunity to continue or start being active. Our world class indoor and outdoor facilities are ideal for recreational, competitive or high-performance athletes.
The Physical Education Centre (PEC) is the hub of sport at Queen’s:
Our facilities include, a state of the art fitness area with over 200 pieces of CV and resistance equipment, a functional training and weights area with six power cages and Olympic lifting platforms, four studios, 25m swimming and diving pool, two multi-purpose sports halls, martial arts area, 2 climbing walls, 8 squash courts, 2 handball courts, 4 exercise and dance studios, and outdoor 3G grass pitches.
There’s more to university than just studying!
Joining a club or society at Queen’s is the perfect opportunity to meet new people, keep up your interest in a passion or, even better, to find a brand new one you never knew you had!
With over 200 clubs, all of them student-led, there’s something for everyone.
- Queen’s is ranked 85 in the world in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022.
- Queen’s is in the top 170 in the world for graduate prospects (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022).
ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity (REF 2014/Times Higher Education).
Queen’s is one of the 10 most beautiful historic universities in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2021).
- We are a member of the Russell Group of 24 leading UK research-intensive universities committed to maintaining the highest standards of research, education and knowledge transfer. Russell Group universities are major international institutions which also have a strong national and regional role and influence.
- We have been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education on seven occasions.
Preview this program in