Master’s Degree in Direction and Production of Fiction Series
Eminently practical methodology
Program that combines the aspects of directing and producing fiction series, from the analysis and elaboration of scripts, to staging and postproduction of the recorded material, technical planning, work with the actors, the adaptation of sets, filming techniques, work of team members and the use of soundtracks.
Television series are the most consumed television entertainment product in recent years. Series such as Game of Thrones, Ministerio del Tiempo, Mad Men and Money Heist are followed by millions of spectators. Some of the professions that are needed for its implementation are: director, producer, screenwriter, editor and copywriter.
The teaching methodology is practical. It works primarily with materials filmed by the students themselves and with materials from fiction series and other film production companies, which are used for the analysis and simulation of film planning situations.
Students work with the material and technological resources available in the School of Communication and Arts (digital cameras, lighting and sound equipment and post-production rooms, among others). Occasionally, university extension activities take place at specialized companies.
The collaboration with film production companies such as Atresmedia, Movistar +, Boomerang, Bambú, Cristal Forest, Miramón Mendi, Plano a Plano generates numerous opportunities, such as having a faculty of professionals of great prestige in all specialties, the use of facilities and materials of the film company and its collaborating companies, the facilitation of carrying out internships at the end of the studies and the continuous updating of the contents of the program.
The students of the Master’s degree design, plan and produce a fiction web-series that is hosted on Nebrija TV Channel, the University’s Internet television portal, and is published in DVD format.
The Master’s Final Research Project consists in the simulation of defending a proposal (pitch) of a fiction series before a tribunal formed by professors of the Master’s degree. This proposal must include all the documentation that is used in the professional world (bible, script, camera positions), together with a pilot episode filmed and edited as a spin-off of an existing series.
Creative, Applied Arts and Design, Film making, Television, Photography, Journalism & Media, Media Studies & Mass Media
1 years | Full time
- If the candidate completed his/her Bachelor’s Degree outside the European Higher Education Area, we would need an official letter or certificate (with the respective sworn translation into Spanish) issued by the University of origin stating that the Bachelor’s Degree of the candidate allows him or her to enrol in a Master’s Degree.
- Résumé or Curriculum vitae (+3 years of professional experience if it is an MBA programme).
- Please, fill in and sign the enrolment form (link below in Spanish or the enclosed document in English).
- You can download the Enrollment Form by clicking here.
- A copy of the candidate’s Passport
- Two recommendation letters A copy of the candidate’s Academic Transcripts along with his/her Bachelor’s Degree Diploma that should be certified and legalized and submitted along with the respective sworn translations of the aforementioned documents into Spanish.
- Cover Letter explaining the reasons of the application itself and any future perspectives related to the studies.
1 years | Full time
Preview this program in