College of the Canyons
We believe in the following values:
- Teaching and Learning
We honor and reward high performance in teaching and learning.
- Respect for All People
We foster a climate characterized by civility, collegiality and acceptance. We expect honesty, integrity, social responsibility and ethical behavior.
- Partnership with Community
We create relationships providing the foundation of success for chosen current and future partnerships with local schools, colleges and universities, businesses, government, and social agencies. These partnerships advance the educational, intellectual, artistic, civic, cultural, and economic aspirations of our surrounding community.
We set the highest standards for ourselves and support the professional development of faculty, staff and administrators.
- Creativity and Innovation
We are an innovative and creative community college. We encourage members of the college community to be entrepreneurial, forward thinking, creative, persistent, spontaneous and welcome changes that will enhance the college’s ability to fulfill its mission.
Strategic Goals: Access, Engagement and Success
Foundational Institutional Commitments
- Teaching and Learning
College of the Canyons will provide a positive environment and necessary resources to support excellent teaching, student learning, and the completion of students’ goals including attaining degrees and certificates and transfer.
- Student Support
College of the Canyons will provide student support to facilitate equitable student success and maximize opportunity for all students.
- Cultural Diversity
College of the Canyons will promote, encourage, and celebrate the diversity of students and staff in our campus community.
- Human Resources
College of the Canyons will select and develop high-quality staff.
- Institutional Advancement
College of the Canyons will generate support, resources, networks and information to enhance the college’s success.
- Institutional Effectiveness
College of the Canyons will use outcomes data on progress being made towards college goals – including student learning outcomes, administrative unit outcomes, and other accountability measures – on a regular basis to inform planning and decisions.
- Financial Stability
College of the Canyons will provide support, direction and oversight for all district financial resources to ensure fiscal compliance, proper accounting and positive audits and develop financial resources to maintain and improve programs and services consistent with institutional commitments (mission, goals, and objectives) and in alignment with our enrollment management plans.
- Technological Advancement
College of the Canyons will utilize state-of-the-art technologies to enhance programs, services and operations.
- Physical Resources
College of the Canyons will provide facilities that are clean, efficient, safe, and aesthetically pleasing to support College programs and services.
College of the Canyons will dare to dream and make it happen!
- Campus Climate
College of the Canyons will enhance and support a sense of community and cooperation on campus.
College of the Canyons will assert its leadership to increase educational, economic, and cultural opportunities for the community including businesses, industry, arts groups, and community-based organizations in the region.
Top reasons to study here
College of the Canyons (COC) is your gateway to a complete American university education.
- 99.9% of COC international students, who follow their education plan and want to transfer, transfer to a four-year college or university.
- COC is located in Santa Clarita – a safe, beautiful community located nearby some of California’s most famous attractions, such as Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, and many more.
- College of the Canyons’ cost of attendance is consistently less than surrounding community colleges.
- College of the Canyons offers flexible class schedules, with more than 60 fields of study.
- Our International Service & Programs office has a trained staff that is dedicated to the student’s needs as well as help with the process along the way.
- At COC we enroll students all year long with multiple enrolling dates.
- We have an easy application process with no application fee.
- Here at COC, we offer high quality education at a low cost.
- At College of the Canyons, we understand that it’s not easy to leave your family and friends at home to study in America, and our staff is trained to help you manage those concerns.
- From the day we receive your application until the time you graduate or transfer to a four-year university, we will help you with things such as the visa process and finding housing. College of the Canyons wants you to be comfortable in your academic and social communities.
- International Services and Programs (ISP) sponsors learning and social activities on and off campus, offering opportunities for making friends in America and from other countries throughout the world.
College of the Canyons programs
about College of the Canyons
College of the Canyons delivers an accessible, holistic education for students to earn associate degrees, certificates, and credentials, to prepare for transfer, and to attain workforce skills. The College champions diversity, equity, inclusion, and global responsibility, while providing clear pathways in an engaging, supportive environment where all students can successfully achieve their educational goals.
College of the Canyons is dedicated to being a leading two-year college, recognized locally, regionally, statewide and nationally for technical advancement, institutional effectiveness, student support, model academic and professional programs, excellence in teaching and learning, fostering a broad range of community partnerships, maximizing student access, and for the sense of community that we provide to our students and staff.
The Library’s mission statement is as follows:
The Library carries a full range of materials to support the curriculum and the lifelong learning needs of our students, staff, and community members. Key services and collections include reference, bibliographic instruction, circulation/reserves, print materials, audiovisual materials, electronic resources, internet access, and individual and group study areas. The Library’s mission statement reads as follows: The mission of the Library is to support student learning and excellence in teaching, provide access to learning resources in all formats, assist students in locating and evaluating information, and encourage lifelong learning.
For more information on the following, click on the links:
It is the mission of Campus Life & Student Engagement to develop, promote, and provide educational, social, and cultural co-curricular activities that promote Campus Life & Student Engagement, complement academic life for the student beyond the classroom.
These various opportunities enhance and develop student leadership, personal growth, interpersonal organizational skills, and civic responsibility.
The overall aim of Campus Life & Student Engagement is to engage students with the College and promote student success, retention, and persistence.
What We Do
- Services Provided
– ASG Computer Labs
– Campus Vendors
– Canyon Country Campus Services
- Programs Offered
– Associated Student Government (ASG)
– Clubs & Organizations
- Campus Events
– Welcome Week
– Honor Graduate Reception
– Grad Fair
– Commencement Ceremony
- We Make
– Student ID Cards
– Department Badges
- We Sell
Discount Movie Tickets
Discount Theme Park Tickets
Photo Print Cards
College of the Canyons is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), 331 J St., Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The public is invited to submit comments about College of the Canyons to our accrediting body by completing a third-party comment form on the ACCJC website. The college is expected to undergo its next comprehensive visit in spring 2022.
In addition to the current ACCJC college-wide accreditation, specified programs at College of the Canyons are also accredited and/or authorized by the following external organizations:
- Automotive Technology – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- Center for Early Childhood Education – National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Emergency Medical Technician – Los Angeles County EMS Agency, State of California and National Registry of EMTs
- Medical Laboratory Technician – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Nursing – National League for Nursing, Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN-CNEA) and California State Board of Registered Nursing
- Paralegal Studies – American Bar Association (ABA)
Preview this program in