About the program/Scholarship:
The University of Waikato in New Zealand offers scholarships for Jordanian students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programs at the University of Waikato. The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$10,000, and will be awarded to successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and strong potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato. The Scholarship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable. Students are required to pay their first year of tuition fees and apply for a student visa. The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees after their enrolment is completed.
About Waikato University :
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand. The university was established in 1964 and has a satellite campus located in Tauranga. This University is committed to delivering a world-class education and research portfolio, providing a full and dynamic university experience, distinctive in character, and pursuing strong international links to advance knowledge.
- The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD$10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study either at the time of offer or once their enrolment is completed.
- The amount offered for this Scholarship is at the discretion of the Selection Committee and will be based on criteria such as, but not limited to, total available funding, grades, financial need, number of credits enrolled, number of applicants, period of enrolment and chosen degree programme.
- Applicant must be a citizen of Jordan.
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato;
- not have paid fees at the time of application;
- be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Waikato;
- not be classified as a domestic student;
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies;
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato;
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme /s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato;
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available);
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body;
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement;
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+
- Applicants must be intending to enroll on the date outlined in their Offer of Place.
- Applicants must be overseas at the time of submitting their application for the scholarship, and must submit their scholarship application prior to lodging a visa application to travel to New Zealand.
- The Scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Waikato funded tuition fees scholarship or award, nor can it be held in conjunction with any Education New Zealand scholarships.
- If, during the tenure of the Scholarship, a recipient’s circumstances change in such a manner that their continued eligibility for the Scholarship may be affected, they must inform
- [email protected]
- Applicants will be advised of the result of their application through their MyWaikato portal.
- Successful applicants will receive a scholarship offer which is valid for 14 days. Students must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship by the date requested in the offer or the offer will automatically lapse and no longer be valid.
- After accepting the Scholarship Offer, recipients will receive an official Scholarship Offer Letter; this may take up to five working days. The Scholarship Offer Letter may be included with their student visa application. Students may choose to pay the full tuition fee amount minus the value of the scholarship in the offer and will need to calculate this themselves; they must provide their Scholarship Offer Letter to Immigration New Zealand in order to do so.
- 13 – 50
How to Apply:
To apply, please create an account on the university’s website, fill out the application form, and attach the following documents:
- their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato; and
- a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template):
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- For applicants that have already completed some study at another tertiary institution anywhere in the world, then the GPA Grading Scale from that institution must be included with the application, or the application will be marked as ineligible.
- Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time.
- Decisions will normally be made within 8 weeks of the time of application. However, some decisions will take up to 12 weeks.