About the program/Scholarship:
The University of Maine in the USA is offering undergraduate scholarships for outstanding students around the world.
The International Presidential Scholarship is awarded to the top tier of international applications each year.
About University of Maine:
Founded in 1865, the University of Maine is a land, sea, and space grant institution and the flagship campus of the University of Maine System. Located in Orono along the banks of the Stillwater River, this vibrant and dynamic university serves Maine, the nation, and the world through its teaching, research, and outreach mission. UMaine students come from every county in Maine, more than 49 other states and 62 countries. UMaine offers more than 100-degree programs through which students can earn graduate certificates, master’s, doctoral, or professional science master’s degrees.
The scholarship value is $ 15,000 per academic year.
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award.
- Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for this award.
- There is no application deadline. Applicants to the University of Maine do not need to submit a separate application to be considered for the award.
- Awards are typically made along with an offer of admission to the University of Maine.
- The award is not renewed automatically each year. Students must maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 in order for the scholarship to be renewed. Additionally, the award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 4 semesters (2 academic years) for a transfer student.
- Recipients of the award must also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be eligible to hold the scholarship.
- The International Presidential Scholarship cannot be combined with any other international scholarship. Students are eligible for other UMaine scholarships such as athletic or departmental scholarships.
Nationality: United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Age: 13 – 50
How to Apply:
To apply, please follow the following steps:
- Complete one of our applications – the Common Application, the UMaine Mobile Application, or the ApplyMaine Application.
- Submit transcripts of all previous secondary/high school or university work (submission requirements by country). In addition, if the document is not in English, submit a certified English translation.
- Maine accepts copies of transcripts and test scores submitted by the student to [email protected] Once admitted, the student will be required to submit official documents to our office before class registration is possible.
- Submit an English language proficiency test.
- TOEFL: minimum score of 79 (iBT) or 550 (paper-based test).
- IELTS (including the IELTS Indicator online test) – a minimum score of 6.5.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) – minimum score of 53.
- CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) – completed level C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English).
- DET (Duolingo English Test) – minimum score of 105. Due to the ongoing global health pandemic, UMaine will continue accepting the DET score as an approved method to demonstrate English proficiency (valid for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 admission cycles).
- Submit a Declaration of Finances along with supporting documents via e-mail to [email protected]
- Submit a copy of the passport ID page and submit via e-mail to [email protected]