About the program/Scholarship:
Modifier Group is inviting filmmakers to take part in The Overcome Film Festival® competition, that is the premiere international event for all storytellers, filmmakers, developers, and artists to tell the world their stories of survival and triumph over adversity. The official program will include Features and Short films, music, and games in the categories of live-action, animation, narrative, non-narrative, experimental, and audiovisual poetry with multiple Award categories.
The Overcome Film Festival® especially encourages and welcomes the entries of filmmakers, musicians, and developers all over the world who want to share their experiences in overcoming adversity or any other factor that has contributed to their growth as a person and motivated them to celebrate their existence. It is the focus of the film festival to give survivors a voice and a venue to share their life experiences and provide hope to others regardless of where they come from in the world. This season’s video game competition section also includes games in all related genres including single-player, multiplayer, e-sports, and mobile titles across all major platforms as related to the theme of the event.
About Modifier Group:
An intellectual property research and development company that applies unique strategies focused on IP innovation, creation, distribution, and licensing across numerous sectors. The company combines the application of proprietary technologies, patented tools, research, development, and production of unique IP asset deployment in international markets.
- The Overcome Film Festival will publish the name of the winners online and certificates will be awarded. As the festival is about providing a voice to survivors, financial awards and prizes will be foregone in lieu of certificates.
- The Overcome Film Festival® is an international event and everyone all over the world is encouraged and welcome to participate. The event also provides an entertainment service and production in the nature of participating as a host to presenters for videos and live events, video and audio recordings, and event production, including information, news, and commentary in the fields of films, music, and games (including e-sports titles).
- The Overcome Game Awards™ is a part of the Overcome Film Festival® a premiere international and industry recognized event, including awards for video game titles in all platforms including but not limited to console, desktop, e-sports titles, virtual reality, streaming, mobile, as well as game music, and hardware devices. The Overcome Game Awards™ especially encourage and welcome the entries of video game and interactive title developers from all over the world.
- The festival cannot accept the following works:
- Anything that you are not the author and copyright holder of the work you submit.
- Offensive, illegal, discriminatory, or harmful works.
- Anything that discloses the personal information and likeness of any individual that you do not have written permission to do so.
- Anything that you are not comfortable allowing us to show in public.
- Submission means you read and agree to the complete rules and terms of the festival on the festival’s website.
- The festival will not pay screening fees and it is assumed that any submitted film is both available to be screened, with no legal restrictions, and without expectation of a fee being paid.
- Please be aware that if your film is selected to run in the festival, you will be requested to subtitle your film as the focus of the festival is to include everyone.
- Official rules are included in the festival platform at:https://overcomefilmfestival.modifiergroup.com/
Nationality: No specific nationality required
Age: No specific age required
How to Apply:
1-Submit your work via the submission platforms provided on festival’s page here. Winners will be notified via email.