About the program/Scholarship:
The University of Maine is offering the International Flagship Scholarship for undergraduate students from all over the world in the US.
About Maine University:
Founded in 1865, the University of Maine is a land, sea and space grant institution, and the flagship campus of the University of Maine System. Located in Orono along the banks of the Stillwater River, this vibrant and dynamic university serves Maine, the nation, and the world through its teaching, research and outreach.
- The International Flagship Scholarship awards are valued at US$10,000 per academic year to international undergraduate applicants.
- International first-year and transfer undergraduate students are eligible to be considered for this award. Students receiving the Canadian resident tuition rate are not eligible for this award. Sponsored students are not eligible for this award.
- There is no application deadline. Applicants to the University of Maine do not need to submit a separate application to be considered for the award.
- Awards are typically made along with an offer of admission to the University of Maine.
- The award is not renewed automatically each year.
- Students must maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.00 in order for the scholarship to be renewed. Additionally, the award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic years) for a student entering as a first-year applicant and 4 semesters (2 academic years) for a transfer student. Recipients of the award must also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be eligible to hold the scholarship.
- The International Flagship Scholarship can be combined with the Maine Global Partner Scholarship. Students are eligible for other UMaine scholarships such as athletic or departmental scholarships.
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- 13 – 50
How to Apply:
1- Applicants are considered for this scholarship when their application for admission is reviewed on the website. No additional application is required. Applicants do not need to submit SAT and ACT scores to be considered for this award.