Glasgow Caledonian University
GCU is an institution immersed in industry and the professions. With a wealth of career-focused programmes and facilities designed to develop students’ skills and help them meet their future career goals, GCU bridges the gap between learning in a classroom and receiving valuable industry experience.
Top reasons to study here
- Unique and contemporary degree offering with programme accreditations from professional bodies across a wide variety of subject areas, including EPAS accreditation by the European Foundation for Management.
- Development and BCS accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT
- Opportunity to interact with industry-leading companies through work placements
- Modern learning environment filled with cutting-edge facilities designed to enhance employability
- One of the UK’s most affordable student cities (Whatuni ‘Most Affordable Student Cities’ 2019)
- 100% student satisfaction for campus environment (INTO Annual Student Experience Survey 2019)
Glasgow Caledonian University programs
about Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) is a vibrant, innovative and multi-award winning University for the Common Good.
We aim to contribute to society in a manner that embraces yet goes beyond the traditional role of a university. GCU’s For the Common Good commitment is brought to life through our strategy and by the actions of our staff, students and alumni around the world.
- Established in 1993
- Total number of students: 20,000+
- Number of international students: 1,800+
- Nationalities represented: 100+
Academic Development and Student Learning supports Professional Development and Professional Recognition of staff involved in teaching and student learning support roles as well as Educational Research and Evaluation development across the institution.’
Each School in the University has a Learning Development Centre (LDC) which provides academic writing support for home and international students, ICT support, advice on study skills and other academic support and guidance. The LDCs are inclusive and committed to providing support for all students including those with disabilities or specific learning and teaching needs.
Research lies at the heart of a university’s life and its contribution to society
Our research is important because it:
- Contributes to the development of intellectual and social capital, generating economic, cultural, social, public policy and quality of life benefits and impacts
- Enhances our reputation as an international centre of knowledge and expertise
- Provides a basis for collaboration with other organisations in the UK and internationally across the public, voluntary and private sectors
- Attracts high quality staff and students from all over the world
- Shapes the content of all curricula
- Enhances the student experience helping to produce skilled, intellectually adept and employable graduates
- Informs the professional development of all staff
Designed to help students gain the skills that employers want, GCU has a modern learning environment filled with cutting-edge facilities. Discover the Saltire Centre to access a five-floor library set among aerial walkways and quiet study zones or, depending on the student’s chosen degree, they could access the specialist [email protected], six dedicated Networking Labs, the Interprofessional Simulation Centre with simulated home and hospital environments, the functioning opticians service inside the GCU Vision Centre, and the high-tech Games Design Studio.
Sir Alex Ferguson Library
The Sir Alex Ferguson Library is our 250,000-book, high-tech library includes reference copies of every curriculum book and contains quiet and social study areas with workstations, desks and sofas.
Physiotherapy at GCUClinic
[email protected] offers a range of specialist health care services to assess and manage injuries, long-term health conditions or to enhance and improve general health and wellbeing. With access to state of the art rehabilitation equipment, the Clinic can fully assess each client and tailor exercise and rehabilitation programmes to their requirements.
1. Glasgow campus
With a fantastic city centre location and a £32 million investment in buildings and facilities, GCU is a stimulating and supportive learning environment. Located in the heart of the lively and cosmopolitan city of Glasgow, students are sure to have a truly memorable student experience at GCU’s state-of-the-art Glasgow campus, known for its positive social outlook and environmental sustainability.
Our bright, modern health and fitness centre plays host to numerous affordable classes and activities, and is home to the many University sports clubs, a hair salon and spa.
- 1st in the UK for Optometry and Orthoptics (The Complete University Guide 2021).
- 8th in the UK for Medical Technology (The Complete University Guide 2021).
- 7th in the UK for Anatomy and Physiology (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
- 9th in the UK for Physiotherapy (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
- 12th in the UK for Town and Country Planning and Landscape Design (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
- Top 25 in the UK for Building (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
- Top 25 in the UK for General Engineering (The Complete University Guide 2020).
- Top 30 in the UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
Preview this program in