St Mary’s University
Welcome from the Vice-Chancellor
We are a strong and welcoming community of students and staff and are committed to the highest standards in teaching across the wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses we offer. In addition, we have a vibrant research culture and environment.
I hope that you will find in these webpages all the information you need, and please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information or advice we can provide.
With all good wishes,
St Mary’s University programs
about St Mary’s University
Paid Year in Industry Work placements
- Takes place in third year for min. 44 weeks
- Minimum London Living Wage – £11.05/hr
- St Mary’s stipulates company must be big enough to support our students
- Reduced fee for placement year: £1,200
- Placement team at St Mary’s to help with job search strategy – student finds own placement
- No visa implications – integrated CAS
Available on the following courses:
- Business Management
- English Literature
- Film courses
- Liberal Arts
- Sports Management
Guaranteed for new undergraduates Apply before June
Breakfast & dinner included
- Twin room, shared bathroom: £7,250
- Single room, shared bathroom: £7,450
- Large room, private bathroom: £8,995
*2023/24 prices TBC – approx. 5% increase expected
- Private accommodation:
- Homestay: £3,600 – £4,800
- Sharing: £4,800 – £6,000
- Private halls: £9,000+
- Grosvenor House (pictured)
- Short walk to campus
- Central Twickenham location
- From approx. £200 /wk – 51wk contract
Best of both worlds: a London university with a community atmosphere
- Beautiful campus with modern facilitiesSt Mary’s is located on a leafy campus in South West London, in the grounds of the original Strawberry Hill House, a world famous example of the 19th century Gothic Revival style.Alongside the historic buildings you’ll find modern, state-of-the art facilities including a new library, TV production suite and extensive sports facilities and laboratories.Quality on-campus accommodation is available and the Accommodation Team can also help you find local, student-friendly housing in the local area.
- Fantastic location in LondonAt St Mary’s we offer you the best of both worlds: Our campus is in the London Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames – a safe and green area of the Capital – but travelling into Central London only takes half an hour!Within walking distance are the towns of Teddington and Twickenham, where you can find a good range of shops, restaurants and pubs.A short bus ride will take you to Richmond and Kingston with an excellent range of cinemas, theatres, clubs and high-street shops.Video supplied by ©VisitBritain.
- Memories that you’ll remember forever
We’re ranked in the top 5 in the UK for student experience (The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022).
- Long history of high-quality teaching
Founded in 1850, St Mary’s has a long and distinguished history in higher education.In fact, we’re ranked in the top five in the UK for teaching quality (The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)Our teacher training programmes have been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the UK government’s education inspector, Ofsted.
- Excellent employment figures96% of St Mary’s graduates are in employment, vocation or further study within 15 months of graduation (HESA 2021).Our Centre for Workplace Learning (CWL) offers you the opportunity to undertake a work placement as part of your degree programme and our Careers Service is part of the University of London’s Careers Group, the largest and most successful careers service in the UK.
- Welcoming and supportive communitySt Mary’s is an inclusive institution with a mission to provide students from all backgrounds and faiths with an excellent education.We have a welcoming community where almost 10% of students are international, with over 90 nationalities represented on campus, and a high level of support from our staff and student services, helping you to quickly feel at home.
- Fantastic sports opportunitiesSt Mary’s is one of London’s top-performing sports institutions and provides students with state-of-the-art sports facilities equipped to world-class standards, as well as funding opportunities for high performance athletes.Sports participation at all levels is regarded as an important element of university life and a wide range of clubs and activities are available to every student.
- Active social lifeIn addition to the sports clubs and facilities, Students’ Union societies ranging from drama to debating and psychology to gaming, ensure that just about all interests are catered for.Nightlife can be found right on campus at weekly Students’ Union events and within walking distance at local restaurants and bars.With the local towns of Kingston and Richmond just a short bus-ride away and Central London only 30 minutes by train, a whole array of cinemas, theatres and cultural events are within easy reach of all our students.
Top 10 in UK for Student Experience’
Top 5 in UK for Teaching Quality’
Ofsted rated Outstanding Provider
96% employability, further study, vocation (HESA 2021)
Preview this program in