B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School
B.H.M.S. is a well-established international school. Teaching in English and is located in the heart of Lucerne and belongs to Benedict Education group which is 92 years old in Switzerland. B.H.M.S. has nearly 1’000 students from over 90 different nationalities every year. The programs that we offer are Global Business, International Hospitality and Culinary Arts Management from Bachelor to Master, partly in co-operation with our renowned international university partners Robert Gordon and York St. John’s University both from UK.
We use the service industry as an educational platform and every student gets a guaranteed paid internship for 6 months every year during the program with an Average Gross Salary of USD 2’460 per month. In addition, every student graduating with us gets a placement after the program completion. The jobs through our network companies can be in various parts of the world such as US, Middle East, Europe, Asia, Caribbean and other countries.
Top reasons to study here
- Fast track Swiss-British Dual Degrees
- Campus located in the center of Lucerne city
- Unique 5-week term teaching methodology
- 6-month study followed by 6-month paid internship
- Job placement upon graduation
B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School programs
about B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School
The nearly 100-year-old BHMS education concept built on key pillars
- A good quality of education with degrees from high ranking Universities
- Practical paid training every year which is part of the curriculum
But, most important – developing your professionalism and soft skills
- You learn leadership – how to manage yourself and others – to become a leader
- You become punctual, reliable and develop etiquette and mannerism
- You gain work ethics, productivity and team skills
- You learn multiple languages and how to interact and work with many different nationalities
- You develop your entrepreneurial skills , your practical and application skills
- You become a multi-skilled, communicative and pro active future manager
- You become employable and you are ready to start a career
B.H.M.S., located in the heart of Lucerne, is a member of the Bénédict Education Group, founded in 1928 whose mission is to provide higher education for adults with a desire to succeed. Bénédict School is one of Switzerland’s largest private educational organizations and is educating each year more than 15,000 full- and part time students.
B.H.M.S. has implemented a unique system of education by dividing a 20-week semester into four mini-terms of 5 weeks each. This system enables students to focus on only 3 to 4 academic subjects at a time instead of the usual 8-10 subjects as in other Swiss hotel schools. As a result, the B.H.M.S. students are able to complete 12-14 academic subjects within a 6-month period without overloading them.
Masterwork, a company owned by B.H.M.S., provides global career and placement opportunities for B.H.M.S. graduates after completing BA, PGD, culinary or MBA programs. B.H.M.S. also works with numerous international placement agencies that specialize in placing graduate students in Europe, Asia and North America. This service includes preparing for telephone and Skype interviews and video resumes, job prospecting, preparing extensive documentation for employment as well as assistance with visa applications. B.H.M.S. also participates in numerous career fairs to expose its graduates to global career opportunities.
– Each new student is picked up from the airport for free – B.H.M.S. has a student service available 24/7 who is always happy to help – Our fees are all-inclusive (tuition fee, application fee, meals plan, accommodation, operating expenses such as health insurance, permit to stay in Switzerland, industry placement service, internet, access to e-campus, excursions and field trips, job placement upon graduation
The five B.H.M.S. Student Residences in Guetschstrasse, Baselstrasse, Bernstrasse and Ladelistrasse offer accommodation in modern rooms equipped with a bathroom, a kitchenette, wardrobe, study areas and Wi-Fi.
Living in one of the B.H.M.S. Student Residences will put you in the heart of student life, so you can make the most out of your study and leisure time. All student residencies are very safe, direct on public transport access and under 24-hour supervision, within 10 minutes walking from the classrooms and main campus.
- Shared Standard Accommodation (included in the fee)
- Shared Bedroom, shared facilities (e.g. kitchen, bathroom), included in the study fees.
- Shared Premium Accommodation
- Single bedroom, shared facilities (e.g. kitchen, bathroom). There will be a surcharge of CHF 3,600.
- Private Studio Accommodation
- Single bedroom, private facilities. There will be a surcharge of CHF 6,000.
B.H.M.S. has a student lounge with a library open 24/7. The rental fee of all academics books is also included in fee. Furthermore, all e-books and e-materials are provided for each course on e-campus
The mandatory health & medical insurance is included in the fee and each student is insured as soon as they step in Switzerland.
Students come from over 90 countries with various ethnic and cultural backgrounds. They speak different languages and have different beliefs, yet they all share one thing in common: the ambition to achieve a successful career in the global hospitality industry. Because of this constant cultural exchange and engagement in a multicultural community, students absorb an experience that is crucial to future leaders within the global village: the ability to work and communicate with people of different origins.
Student activities are important to us. They allow students to discover Switzerland and different companies in the hospitality industry in Switzerland, but they also include sports and fun. They are not only complementary to academic studies, but they also provide an opportunity for networking. They help to create a community in which is fun to study in and many new friendships are forged.
Each of the activities offered caters to the students’ active and competitive drive for group and individual sports, outdoor adventure, creativity, or artistic needs. In doing so, B.H.M.S. strives to provide students with an assortment of festivities to balance students’ academic life while relieving stress, promoting emotional and physical health, and encourage communication and interaction among the various nationalities present.
Activities from crafts and card games to cricket and mountain climbing are offered weekly. Each student at B.H.M.S. is sure to take either a mountain trip or some other fun and healthy amusement with the Student Services Manager. The B.H.M.S. Student Services Manager is present on campus five to six days per week in order to offer continuous support and counseling.
Again and again, we plan activities where fun including games and sports are in the foreground.
B.H.M.S. has a partnership agreement with The Robert Gordon University (RGU), Aberdeen in the UK for granting the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel & Hospitality Management in Switzerland. The Times Good University Guide 2010 named The Robert Gordon University as the best modern university in the UK.
B.H.M.S. is partnered with York St. John University in granting the Master of Business Administration (MBA Dual) Degree.
B.H.M.S. MBA Specializations
- International Hospitality Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Global Marketing
B.H.M.S. Higher Diploma Program is accredited by the Universitiy of Brighton, Uk, for progression towards the University’s BA (Hons) in Hospitalitiy Managment.
B.H.M.S. Culinary program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Foundation.
B.H.M.S. is an eduQua-certified private institution in the canton of Luzern, in compliance with Swiss federal and state law. EduQua is the Swiss Association for Quality & Management Systems (SQS) which certifies Swiss colleges and education institutions in Switzerland.
B.H.M.S. is certified by the SQS – the Swiss organization for professional certification and assessment services, for meeting the highest quality services expectations in the global certification process.
Preview this program in