University of Huddersfield London
The University of Huddersfield – London provides complete Master’s degrees to international students who want to benefit from Huddersfield’s reputation as leaders in teaching but who also want to access the network and lifestyle opportunities in London.
Top reasons to study here
Study in London
Be part of the #1 student city and live among a commercial hub where business thrives and is within easy commutable distance.(QS Best Student Cities, 2019)
Enhance your experience
Gain experience by working for up to 20 hours per week during your studies and work for two years after graduation with the new Graduate Immigration Route.
Learn from the best
Learn from award-winning academics with professional experience and networks. Your tutors will advise you on your options in your chosen field.
about University of Huddersfield London
Why study in the UK?
Many postgraduate students choose to study in the UK every year to benefit from the country’s academic reputation. As home to some of the best universities in the world, the academic community is well established and renowned for the calibre of research produced.
Advantages of studying in the UK
There are many benefits from choosing to be an international postgraduate student in the UK:
A degree from the UK is recognised around the world, making you stand out as a candidate wherever you decide to continue your career.
- English language
Living and studying in a country that speaks the language you want to develop your skills in is the quickest way to become fluent.
The quality of UK higher education is highly respected – some of the oldest universities in the world are in the UK.
Britain is known for its multiculturalism, especially in London. You’ll find international influences all over the capital.
You will be encouraged to take an active part in seminars and tutorials, where you will discuss course content. Small class sizes mean you will receive individual attention from our experienced and supportive tutors.
There are many ways you can work on your graduate employability skills while you study for your Master’s degree:
Work while you study
You can work for up to 20 hours per week while you study in the UK. This could be in your chosen field or something unrelated, it all counts towards your experience. Working while you study will teach you workplace skills like communication, time management, relationship management, which will be useful in almost any job.
Increase your network
On your programme, you will meet other students from around the world who are interested in similar ways of working. You can start building your international network at university and forge friendships which could last for the rest of your life.
You can also attend industry events in London and meet people already working in your chosen field. Getting to know people is a key skill for your career and will help you find employment after graduation.
Guaranteed interview support
We are committed to providing a professional learning experience and guarantee* to provide you with support in getting an interview with an employer. Our employability advisers will support you in finding the right work experience for you in the competitive job market and provide support such as:
- checking CVs and cover letters
- help with application forms
- interview preparation
- regular workshops
- employer presentations.
*Please note: the guarantee of an interview with an employer is not a guarantee of being offered a job.
We encourage postgraduate students to get as much out of the work opportunities available during their studies in order to stand out among other applicants when it comes to applying for graduate jobs.
How to find employment after graduation
There are lots of ways to find work in London:
- While you’re studying, you can ask your teachers for references and for recommendations for companies that would be suitable for your interests.
- Apply early, start looking for a role before you finish your studies, or if you are working part-time, ask about moving into a full-time role after you graduate.
- You can also utilise the network you have built to find out about new opportunities you can apply for.
- Recruitment agencies can specialise in specific industries or offer more general roles, ask them about your suitability for different jobs.
- Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster and Reed are some of the most popular job search engines in the UK, register with each to find out all the latest vacancies.
You’ll live in a residence hall in McMillan Student Village with other international students, close to your classes. Your room will have everything you need, but remember to pack some personal items to make your space your own.
On-site staff are experienced in helping students from around the world adjust to a new life in London and will be available to help during your studies.
You have to follow the next steps in order to book your accommodation:
- Request your accommodation when you apply for your course at the University of Huddersfield – London.
- The Accommodation Team will allocate you a room and send a Financial Statement and a Tenancy Agreement (TA) for you to sign.
- Secure your room by returning the signed Tenancy Agreement and paying the first instalment of rent.
- The Accommodation Team will confirm the booking is complete via email.
Please ensure that you check your Financial Statement and make any remaining accommodation payments due before arrival.
During your studies at the University you can live in G Block at residence hall in McMillan Student Village with other international students, on the same campus as your classrooms. Your student enrolment advisor will share the options available to you during the application process.
Each single studio includes a fully fitted kitchen (including cooking hob, sink, oven, microwave and fridge freezer).
- Convenience of living close to your classrooms
- 24 hour security
- Located within easy access to restaurants, cafés and supermarkets
- Utilities and Internet access included
You can book accommodation once you have accepted your offer of a place and paid your confirmation payment.
There is always something to do in London. From fun journeys exploring the city on the London Underground (known locally as the ‘Tube’) to watching over the city from The Shard or London Eye, you can choose your own adventure in London.
The University of Huddersfield – London is located close to the borough of Greenwich where there are both overground and underground train stations, as well as many bus routes into central London. There’s even a cable car over the River Thames!
Must-see London attractions within a hour’s journey on public transport:
- British Museum Buckingham Palace Camden Market Harrods.
- Houses of Parliament Hyde Park Kew Gardens
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Oxford Street Platform 93/4 at Kings Cross Station
- Southbank Centre Tate Modern Tower of London
A gold-rated university (Teaching Excellence Framework, 2017) TEF
First in England for the proportion of staff with teaching qualifications (HESA 2020)
Global Teaching Excellence Award (Higher Education Academy, 2017)
Preview this program in