Kazan State Power Engineering University
Kazan State Power Engineering University is one of three state specialized power engineering institutions of higher learning in the Russian Federation (the other two being Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University) and Ivanovo State Power Engineering University) and occupies one of the leading places in the region in education, availability of technical equipment and conditions of scientific research and study process. The university trains specialists in 14 directions of preparing bachelors and masters, and in 11 directions of training specialists (31 specialties) on full time, evening and correspondence forms of study.
about Kazan State Power Engineering University
Federal state-funded educational institution of Higher education Kazan State Power Engineering University (KSPEU) is a leading specialized power engineering
university of the Russian Federation which for more than 50 years have been supplying
highly qualified personnel to power industry and economy of entities of the Russian Federation and foreign countries. KSPEU ranks among first 100 best universities of Russian Federation in the National University Ranking.
The first attempts to create a higher educational institution of the power engineering specialization in Kazan were in 1930. The Kazan Power Engineering Institute (KPEI) was opened then and was situated on the Street Komleva, 6. A. Ganeev was the first Director of the Institute. 110 people were admitted in the first selection. Training was carried out on two specialties: “Industrial power engineering” and “Central power station”. KPEI worked only for five academic semesters and was already closed in the year 1933. Nevertheless, the institution managed to produce a few graduates.
In 2013 was reorganized Faculty of Machine Construction; the Institute of Economics and Social Technologies was renamed into Institute of Economics and Information Technology. The construction of two training grounds on the territory of KSPEU began. Preparing for the opening of the Innovation Centre “Energy saving and Energy Efficiency”, the training ground with the boiler equipment of LLC “Bosch – Thermotechnika”. The Power Engineering University is celebrating its 45th anniversary.
- 96 educational programs
- 16% of the teachers have the
degrees of Doctors of Science
- 76% of the teachers have
academic degrees of doctors
or candidates of science
Check the University’s Research areas
Interaction of students’ associations with the University administration is carried out through university wide structures – the Department of educational and extracurricular work of KSPEU, the Press Center.
- United Council of Students
- Union of foreign students
- Union of under- and postgraduate students
- Councils of Students Hostels
- Students’ Scientific Society
- Youth business incubator
- Sports club
- Students’ Volunteers Center
- Intellectual Club “IQ”
- Students Search Teams
1- 550 Rub. per month
- The hostel has a block
structure. In each block there are two residential rooms and a bathroom.
- On each floor there are 2
kitchens. The small room houses 2-3 people, and the large – 4-5.
- The hostel has self-training
rooms, a tennis hall, a dance hall.
- The building was overhauled
- Distance from the university -500 m.
2- 530 Rub. per month
- The hostel has a block structure. In each block there are two residential rooms, a kitchen and a
- The hostel has 2 rooms for washing and drying.
- There are 3 people living in a small room, and 4 in a large room.
- Distance from the university- 510 m.
3- 550 Rub. per month
- Located on the campus of
- The hostel includes 110 apartments. Each apartment has a
bathroom, a kitchen and 2-3
living rooms with the capacity
from 6 to 10 people per
- In addition, the building has
its own laundry and there are two
- Distance from the university–10 m.
4- The 21-floor hostel is designed for 374 students,. Located between the educational block “B” and the metro
station “Kozya Sloboda.” The commissioning of the hostel is planned in September 2021. The hostel is being built for international students.
- Distance from the university – 10 m.
The KSPEU library was founded in 1968.
There are several divisions in the structure of the library :
- subscription for technical, social and humanitarian literature;
- scientific literature subscription;
- subscription of fiction;
- reference and bibliographic department;
- reading room for technical literature;
- reading room of social and humanitarian literature;
- reading room of periodicals of technical, social and humanitarian literature;
- reading room in the hostel of KSPEU;
- a reading room at the Center for Primary and Secondary Vocational Education;
The library is located on the 7th floor of Building B.A reading room for technical literature, a reading room for social and humanitarian literature and a room for periodicals are located on the 1st floor of building “A”.
- The KSPEU scientists keep leading positions in the field of electric and heat power engineering, digital technologies, environmental and aquatic biological resources protection.
- The KSPEU is a participant of a number of technological platforms of Russia.
- The university is a member of the Kamsk Innovation territorial-production cluster (Innokama), the machine building cluster and aquaculture cluster of the Republic of Tatarstan.
- KSPEU successfully cooperates with 40 leading universities and companies in Germany, France, Italy, France, Scotland, Finland, Vietnam, Japan, Greece, Tajikistan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Slovakia, Azerbaijan and other.
- KSPEU ranks among first 100 best universities of Russian Federation in the National University Ranking.
Preview this program in