The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Birmingham has played major roles in American history, and the University of Alabama at Birmingham is committed to playing its part on the global stage with revolutionary research. Our university embraces diversity; specifically, how our differences inform the breakthroughs and ideas only possible through multiple perspectives. International students contribute to that in a big way. Here, you’re encouraged to participate in fieldwork that will serve those around you and potentially people around the world.
Top reasons to study here
- Top 20 US universities for research funding (National Science Foundation 2016).
- #14 Up-and-Coming National Universities (U.S. News & World Report 2016).
- Top 300 Best Universities in the World (Academic Rankings of World Universities 2016).
The University of Alabama at Birmingham programs
about The University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is an internationally-renowned, public doctoral research university and academic health center. Students will live and learn in a metropolitan area of more than 1.1 million people that is a thriving center of medicine, banking, business, research, and development.
- Founded in 1969
- Total number of students: 19,535
- Number of international students: 850+
- Nationalities represented: 87
In addition to offering direct entry to UAB, we offer several pathway routes to help you begin your undergraduate degree program in the US. With 56+ bachelor’s degrees, flexible study plans, and start dates throughout the year, we’ll help you find the option that’s right for you.
- Public Health
- Healthcare Management
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Biomedical Engineering
The university is continually investing. In 2015, UAB built the new Hill Student Center, an impressive facility that provides space for student activities, gatherings, and services, as well as meeting and conference rooms. Students will find upgraded dining facilities, a stadium-style theater, a two-story bookstore, and a technology store. There’s also the One-Stop Student Service Center for admissions, course registration, student accounting, parking, financial aid, and student ID functions.
Living on campus will put you in a central location, with easy access to idyllic downtown Birmingham. You can walk to classes while also living near restaurants, fine arts displays, and entertainment districts.
Student Residences at UAB
- Conveniently located close to campus and classrooms.
- Choice of three types of rooms.
- Great value for money, with all bills included.
- 24/7 support with on-site accommodation assistants.
You’ll be joining an international community at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Located in the heart of the largest city in the state, you’ll be near the best the southern US has to offer. The exciting journey of college life starts here, with state-of-the-art facilities, numerous learning resources, an active student body and big time college athletics. That’s just the start—UAB has countless opportunities for you.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham – Key rankings:
- #168 Best Universities in the World (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-18).
- #159 Top National Universities (U.S. News & World Report 2018).
- $528M Total research expenditures.
- The New York Times named Birmingham 1 of 52 Places to Go in 2017 (The New York Times 2017).
- 1000+ Birmingham-area employers offer student internship opportunities.
Preview this program in