Do you have the ideas, imagination and creativity to spot market opportunities, predict the next big thing and develop engaging communications that cut across the thousands of marketing messages that bombard us 24/7? As advancements in technology generate new marketing channels and trends, businesses are increasingly turning to marketing experts for answers, which is why you’ll find marketing and advertising on almost every list of the fastest growing industries worldwide.
Long gone are the days when traditional marketing was dominated by sales and advertising linked to traditional print and broadcast media. Today’s modern marketing relies on market research and consumer insights, databases and information systems, digital communications, advanced geo-demographic segmentation and a deep understanding of buyer psychology and behaviour. That’s why you’ll find all this and more on our exciting degree, which is continually reviewed to keep up with the fast pace of change in this field.
You’ll cover every aspect of marketing, from costing campaigns and managing marketing budgets to creating a new business, generating market intelligence or developing a new product development strategy. Acknowledging the importance of digital techniques and social media marketing, you’ll have access to our new digital marketing lab, Switch 23, which is set up to mimic a creative agency. It features a large touch screen and individual workstations that students can connect to, using laptops and mobile phones to present their campaigns.
You’ll also relate your learning to real-world marketing practice during a range of exciting field trips and project-based work. Past students have studied tourism marketing in Paris, the most popular city in France, while closer to home, others were tasked with creating a marketing campaign to promote the Tower of London. Expect to be given tasks based on real-life projects, such as developing the marketing plan to launch a small, independent hotel, as an example.
Past graduates within the Business School have found successful employment as management, marketing and advertising trainees, as trainee accountants and brand managers, recruitment consultants, retail managers and as assistants in market research, PR and global brand.
Our course was designed with input from a range of industry professionals from industry sectors including– retail, public relations, marketing, pharmaceuticals, government and the NHS.
Top reasons to study with us
– Study at one of London’s leading centres for business education based in the heart of London and its political, media and financial services scene.
– Our partnership with Lumina Spark gives you access and use of its next generation psychometric tools.
– Guest speakers have previously come from a range of sectors and industries, including coaching, HR management and infrastructure.
– Optional modules – covering everything from organisational psychology to coaching and mentoring in the workplace – allow you to tailor your studies.
– Exposure to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the professional body for HR and people development practice and have access to their events such as conferences.
– Employability embedded across the curriculum, with dedicated specialist modules at every level.
– Optional placement year to gain valuable work experience – previous students on this degree have worked for the NHS, JP Morgan and SThree.
– Programmes are delivered by a multicultural and international teaching body, who come from professional practice and/or regularly publish in top international journals.
International year one
Business & Management, Marketing
Total fees: $25000
Start date: January,March,May
Duration: 2 terms
You can check the course modules through here.
After studying this course, you will be able to join one of these programs.
Preview this program in